“Beautiful and comfortable”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
michigan
“Beautiful and comfortable”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We enjoyed our conference at the Lodge. It is beautiful and inviting. We were welcomed by attentive staff and a cozy fire in the lobby. The rooms are large and have nice touches like Tiffany lamps. Each evening we had turn down service with a nice added treat like chocolate or tea. When leaving the property we were always asked if we needed directions. When we returned we were welcomed by name and offered bottled water. The sunsets are an added bonus!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Middlebury, Connecticut
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed 4 days at The Lodge at Torrey Pines. The golf, weather, staff and food were great. I had room 429 looking out at the ocean. The golf courses are on the ocean with beautiful views. I even liked the Navy jets flying overhead.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are best.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank LolaPug2014
San Diego
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Very close to the golf course. If you are into golfing, very nice and convenient facility to stay at. Has really a lodge feeling into it. In my humble opinion this place is best for a mountain resort type of place with wooden ceilings and fireplaces all over. Room was very nice, clean and well maintained. Enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Illinois
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Spent a relaxing four days here. Rooms are large and comfortable, although the decor is a little too "lodge-y" for my taste. We had to go outside through a covered walkway to reach our room, the smell of the trees and plants is wonderful! Grounds are beautiful; sure wish there was a way to wander around the golf course as a non-golfer!! We walked to the state park and down to the beach which was lovely. Spent a little time in the spa and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jp2903
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband I stayed here on a recent visit to San Diego. The hotel is comfortable and much attention was paid to detail. The craftsmanship is exquisite and it has been adorned with Stickley furniture and art nouveau pieces on the wall. Our guest room was large and comfortable and we had a nice balcony overlooking a natural looking garden area. The property was beautiful, but unfortunately they were setting up for a golf tournament so much of the property was not accessible to walk around and the views of the ocean were obstructed. However, for the amount of construction happening, it was rather quiet. This was a quiet respite but still very accessible to shopping and dining in both La Jolla and San Diego.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank foodographer
pgh
Reviewed January 25, 2014

i've stayed at the lodge twice now, and the last time was even better than the first. had a room with a view of the 18th hole and the ocean. the food (at the "less formal") restaurant was superb - and they even stayed open and waited for me, because my flight was late due to fog! when i arrived, my friend was waiting for me (alone in the restaurant!), and as i was seated, our meals appeared - well-prepared, fresh, hot. we never felt rushed - it was almost like a scene out of a novella! i had driven to the lodge in scads of fog (this after the plane circled the airport for 45 minutes waiting to land), and every bit of stress melted away with the luxurious setting, food, and service. from the valets to the waitstaff to the front desk, everyone was nice (without being obsequious). cocktails were on-the-mark, and i didn't feel out of place even when i was solo. oh - and we walked to a great hiking spot from the lodge, which was also fun.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My wife and I were in town for a wedding and although this was not one of the hotels set up for the wedding when we realized it was close enough and based off the reviews we read we decided to stay here instead. We were very happy we did and not just because of some of the nightmares we heard about the other hotel. Of course access to the golf course was key and I'm glad I called the hotel several months before to secure a tee time. It's a little different since the hotel is only loosely associated with the golf course and it's a little wild with lines of people showing up to play since it's a public course but the hotel did a great job of taking care of my tee time and making sure my bags were taken care of. In fact, I pulled the clubs out the day before to go to the range and had someone volunteer to drive me over in a golf cart, asked what time he should return to get me and promptly did so. I'll get the one negative out of the way. I booked through AMEX and no upgrade was available, which was a first and the room they initially gave me was right next to a main entry door where you could hear everything. I was told it got even worse in the mornings with the staff bringing breakfast carts across the tile. I wouldn't have slept so I called up and they arranged for a room that was much more quiet. Service was terrific throughout the hotel, from the valet service to the bar staff. When we checked out they even took care of repacking my clubs which saved me the time and hassle. Received a great recommendation for lunch in Del Mar. We ate at the grill for dinner and liked the atmosphere, menu and select high quality beer selection. My wife got the burger which I thought was crazy since you can get a burger anywhere but it was ridiculously good and I regretted ordering the seafood chowder. Breakfast at the grill was ok, I'd recommend eating breakfast at AR Valentien upstairs instead. We also had dinner at AR Valentien and were very impressed. I was feeling like steak and don't normally order the strip cut but it was by far the best NY Strip I'd ever had. Hiking was right outside the hotel and provided a beautiful view.Standard rooms were comfortable and a good size, although if I did it again I'd probably pay to get a better view. The lobby felt warm and welcoming with the decor, fireplace and large Christmas tree. Wife enjoyed the spa while I was playing golf. I would absolutely recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pacific Beach
Pacific Terrace Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#6 of 278 in San Diego

Been to The Lodge at Torrey Pines? Share your experiences!