“Enjoyable weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Orange County
“Enjoyable weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Our room was clean and comfortable but small. We had a room with two double beds. Not queen but double. It was just my daughter and I for a tournament. This room (and beds) would have been way to small for a family of 4. the bed was very comfortable though. The food from the bar was very good and was brought to us at the pool after ordering. The pool was warm according to my daughter but when the whole team was in the pool, there wasn't much room for anyone else. The pool area and pool is extremely small. It made for a tight squeeze on a busy summer weekend. The photos on their website are a little deceiving regarding size. Parking in the self parking lot was surprisingly easy with plenty of spaces available even though I was told the hotel was sold out. The Westfield mall across the street is a beautiful outdoor mall with a Nordstrom, Macys an Sears. It also has an ice skating rink and large food court. It's within walking distance. All in all it was a nice weekend at a nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank moxietravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Korean first
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Amelia and Bilal were very hospitable, accommodating and very good with our children. Very good reflection on Marriott. The food was great. Concierge room always clean. Can't say enough good things about Amelia and Bilal.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

I hope the staff see's this post as I want to thank them for making me feel like a princess during our stay at the San Diego Marriott La Jolla in June! I was sitting in the beautiful lobby catching up on some work email and Susanna asked if I needed anything. I told her I was good and then she asked if she could bring me a coffee. She brought me all my favorite fixings and I told her what room I was in so she could charge it and she said "no thanks" this is on us! As a hard working mom where I am always taking care of others, she really made me feel like a Princess.
Thank you Susanna and the entire staff.
Holly, from Phoenix Arizona

Room Tip: There beds are to die for! I am going to call them and ask what mattress they buy so I can go buy on...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

What differentiated this hotel from others was the service. From the check in, to the porters, to the coffee shop, to the bar, to housekeeping, and to Starbucks, everyone was nice and helped. All the other stuff that was to be expected of a Marriott was in place as well, so that just reinforced my overall rating of excellent. FYI, this was a lively hotel!

Room Tip: You are on your own here.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Overall, our stay was great! Rooms were nice and clean. Hotel is beautiful, great central location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We especially enjoyed Jerry. He was very helpful and went out of his way to make our stay more accommodating. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was my first trip to San Diego and I very much enjoyed my stay here. Extremely comfortable beds, clean and a staff that went well over and beyond for my family :)
Highly recommend this hotel for any occassion!

Room Tip: be sure to check all extras that may be charged as there are some, but I did my DD beforehand.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Overall great experience here. I've been here every week with a couple of exceptions since April 1, 2014. The concierge Lounge is great, fantastic breakfast every morning and they mix it up nice. Bilal and Amelia are the best. Very friendly and very attentive. The rest of the facility is fine. I'm a devoted Marriott guy so I like the amenities and the kind staff. There have been a couple of housekeeping issues but hey were addressed timely. The Front Desk team is TOP NOTCH. They don't miss a beat and are so friendly and kind. Will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice and I am partial to a King Bed so that is always my preference.
Green Features: The hotel is good about recycling towels, and has take appropriate actions to conserve water. During the last remodel, low flow toilets would have been a nice upgrade but realize they are costly.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business