“Great staff”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Acworth, Georgia
“Great staff”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a great breakfast each morning. Rattana makes amazing omelets and Bilal and Neli went above and beyond to make the start of our day enjoyable! They helped entertain our young children so we could all have an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Korean first
Wrightwood, California
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The hotel was very nice, clean and every employee was courteous and cheerful. The room was adequate in size and the beds and bedding was exceptionally comfortable. We stayed in a room with 2 full size beds. The room had a small refrigerator which was convenient and a very small coffee maker. The room was very clean. As far as the facilities, I did not visit the on-site restaurant or the gym. The pool however was very clean and very warm. I did not care for the type of music they played through the speakers in the pool area...not appropriate for young children in my opinion. The disappointments were no complementary breakfasts and no microwaves in the room. When we travel with our kids it is a huge convenience to have both. The location of this hotel was good for us as it was close to La Jolla Shores beach (a great beach but get there early like before 9 am to get a parking spot in the parking lot) and we enjoyed the shopping district of La Jolla. It was not too far to drive to the many San Diego attractions either. This hotel probably more set up for business clientele than for families but we were mostly satisfied with our stay there.

Room Tip: The higher the room the less noise from the pool area.
Green Features: They offer contributions to a cause, can't remember which one, if you minimize your maid service use.
1 Thank schindlerkins
Temecula
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I had some medical business to take care of so we stayed at the La Jolla Marriott. We had a corner King room with a huge balcony on the 14th floor. The view was incredible. I think this balcony was as big as our room. The service at this hotel is unbelievable. From valet, front desk, operator, room service, and housekeeping. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was some of the small details were missing. Nothing big, but things stuck out a little bit. Curtain rod had some stains on it, the sliding door was old and hard to open. The fridge was unplugged and in the middle of the room. Shower flow was not as hard as I prefer.
But, the service of Nadine, Adela, and Julie were outstanding. Food from room service was very good. Housekeeping did a fine job of everything as well. The room overall was pretty quiet for the Summer. They gave us some breakfast coupons too. This hotel is directly across from the UTC mall and probably a ten minute drive to the beach. Great stay and we will definitely be back again. Much love to everyone at the San Diego Marriott La Jolla.

Room Tip: 1403 facing west is awesome
Green Features: Great, although shower flow not as strong as I like.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JKCJES
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed at the San Diego Marriott La Jolla and my room was impecable!! The room attendant Isabella does a fantastic job taking care of her guests, she is very friendly and professional!!! The rooms have a lot of space and the beds are very comfortable. I do recommend this hotel if you are coming to La Jolla!!!

Newark, California
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Nice hotel; good service. The shuttle to my workplace had a very conscientious driver named Jerry who was on time and very amicable.
Nice room; my company paid for the WiFi so that was a plus.
Breakfast buffet was good; not cold.

Room Tip: Breakfast is not free so plan for that.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Average hotel that's catered to business travelers. I've been to a lot of marriotts and this one is average. Staff is friendly, but no one went over the top.

The rooms are generally quiet. I like the ones further from the elevators to avoid foot traffic, and allow myself to use stairs to go up and down.

The concierge lounge breakfast offering is good, but again nothing special when I compare it to other North American Marriotts.

The gym is nice and spacious. Clean and has complete set of workout equipments.

The location of the hotel is close to a large outdoor mall, so food variety isn't a problem.

I run outdoors, so for you runners out there, you'll have to make do with running through housing areas / corporate areas. Not bad, but this means there will expectedly frequent stop-and-go's due to traffic lights.

For the record, the best services provided to me by a Marriott level hotel I have been the one in Ottawa.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Indio, California
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Spent a weekend getaway with my wife in La Jolla. The hotel was fantastic. Convenient to shopping, dining, and USD. Room was perfect, and had a little balcony with a fantastic view. Pool was nice and clean, plenty of towels. Front desk staff very accommodating as well as helpful with directions, questions, etc. Looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple