“Breakfast people are very polite”

San Diego Marriott La Jolla
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Portland, Oregon
“Breakfast people are very polite”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed for one week at Marriott La Jolla and I was impressed by the guys from the breakfast, Amelia and Bilal. They always very polite and ready to help, without receiving any tips.
The location is fine and the rooms are very clean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
Redmond, WA
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed at this Marriot for four nights while visiting San Diego and had a great experience. We were visiting the theme parks but I wanted to stay in a nice and quiet neighborhood and chose La Jolla. I am a Marriott gold member but upon check-in was told the lounge was closed for the holiday break, and since I booked a room package that covered breakfast and parking, I was given $20 voucher per night, slightly disappointed but oh well I could understand they were on a reduced staff for the Christmas week. The room was clean, modern and large, WiFi was reliable and fast, the food at the breakfast buffet was very good, staff was very friendly, there was also an omelet station on weekends. We tried the lobby restaurant for dinner on one night (well, I guess I had to put the $80 food vouchers to good use), the seating was a bit odd, but the food was surprisingly good (and so was the beer on tap), the best way that I could describe it was fancy pub food but my wife and my daughter both liked their dinner entries. The parking at the hotel is $20 a day, however there is ton of free street parking right outside the hotel, if I didn’t get a room package, I would have parked the rental car outside and saved the parking fee.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Comins, Michigan
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I stay 100+ nights on the road annually, this would be a top 3 hotel in US. I am loyal Marriott business traveler and this one really impressed me. Staff was excellent from check in to check out. Location is desirable and close to major freeways. Property was in top notch condition.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I purchased a Groupon for a 2 night stay at this Marriott in San Diego La Jolla and my husband had a great experience. The staff was friendly, the hotel was beautiful and in a great location. We wanted to say a special thanks to Liz in the breakfast restaurant at the hotel for giving us travel tips since we are not from San Diego and she came to say hi to us the 2nd day we saw her in the restaurant. Very pleasant staff! We will definitely be back :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I travel over 200 days a year and my company's hotel preference is marriott. not by my choice. I have stayed at high end hotels such as 4 seasons and mandarin orientals I have to say that I have received that kind of service by a front desk employee for the very first time. Wes went above and beyond for me. For example he found my marriott rewards number with out me having to dig thru my computer bag. Being in a hurry this was a huge plus. He was very knowledgeable of the surrounding area with a great restaurant recommendations. He even gave me a couple of disc cards to the restaurant he recommended. It wasn't the money I saved but the exceptional service it represents.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Check-in was simple and efficient. The lobby, lobby bar and outside patio were very nice relaxing for a drink and food. All areas and room were uperscale nice with nice appointments and a very comfortable bed. There are a few places withing walking distance for food...a nice sushi spot and of course a Starbucks for a morning coffee. I wouild not hesitate is staying here again with more time to spend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Susanna A, Front Office Manager at San Diego Marriott La Jolla, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear COparrotheads,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We are excited that you enjoyed our rooms, lobby, and lobby bar. We are lucky be surrounded by the UTC Shopping mall as well as multiple restaurants and my very favorite Starbucks and so glad that you enjoyed the area during your visit! We look forward to hosting you at our hotel for your future travels!

Thank you and have a Brilliant week!

San Diego Marriott La Jolla Team,
Arizona
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The staff here are so friendly and nice. Makes your stay so pleasant. Very accommodating!
Vince in engineering was efficient and very friendly.
Sonia at the front desk was very accommodating and changed our room to have a better view... they aim to b please here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear rdawg4,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our Brilliant Hosts Sonia and Vince! They do aim to please and it’s such a great compliment that you recognized that. We hope you think of us again in the very near future when traveling to the San Diego, La Jolla area!

Travel Brilliantly!