“Miriam is great!”

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
Oswego, Illinois
“Miriam is great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Hotel is top notch! Very clean great service. The service in the concierge lounge rivals high end restaurants. This is my 6th trip here in 4 months and I will come back every time. While I would prefer to be home this is a good replacement.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Just wanted to comment on the impeccable service provided by Bilal and Amelia in the concierge lounge. They made our stay with our family very positive, especially when we ate breakfast in the concierge lunge. Thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chad K
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

The hotel is expensive. However, I found the staff very friendly and helpful. In particular, Mr. Bilal who was serving at the restaurant took good care of me. I am a strict vegetarian. Mr. Bilal and another lady staff took every care to ensure that my dietary needs are not compromised.

The room was clean and I got good sleep. I work late night shifts and sleep during the day. One of the days they were testing the fire alarm system due to which I could not sleep. Otherwise, my stay was good.

1 Thank Muralidhary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

The customer service at this hotel beats all others, hands down. Theresa Vroom was not only helpful in checking us in but made us feel like family! In the VIP lounge, Amanda, Bilac, and Amelia Quintero could not have been more accommodating. Each one deserves a special recognition for being so pleasant and certainly taking the extra step to ensure that we had an extremely pleasant stay. Thank you all so much!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank elwalton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

The La Jolla Marriott is an outstanding venue for a personal getaway or a corporate event. The property is pristine, the rooms are modern, the staff is superb, the food is excellent. I was impressed from the moment I drove up and was greeted by valet staff professional, JOSEPH...It just so happened I had to return to the hotel a couple weeks later and when I drove up, there was Joseph greeting me "How nice to see you again"....I really felt special and believe the La Jolla Marriott goes the extra mile in everything they do and every service they provide. K. Orr

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kathryn O
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I'm a platinum marriott rewards member for a reason. Marriott's just know how to take care of their guests. I often stay at the LaJolla Marriott in San Diego and I have to point out that Amelia and Bilal take incredible pride and care in the concierage services. They are warm and welcoming and make my stays there enjoyable. Kudos to them and Marriott!

Room Tip: Simply ask. If a great room is available, they will put you in it. Or call ahead if needed.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I decided on staying at Marriott while vacationing in San Diego. We really enjoyed staying at hotel. Very courteous staff; excellent location to shopping; nice contemporary room with great view and TV. Bilal and Amelia in the concierge lounge were excellent. We discovered later the hotel is pet friendly so next time, we might bring Buddy.

Room Tip: Higher floors have excellent views. You can open balcony door (when weather permits) and get nice b...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family