“Great service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in La Jolla
sydney
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Me and my wife stayed there for three nights. Hotel was so beautiful,rooms where clean and the best part of the hotel was restaurant a sweet talker BILAL who was giving us a very good service and good company. I think hotel should have few more of him fills all the gaps. But overall it was. Great experiences

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Korean first
Orange County, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Reception desk lady was business like. No pleasantries, but explained what needed to be explained. It appeared that the hotel was not too busy, but I was put in a room overlooking the roof of the lobby driveway. Right at the same level. Although I am supposed to be an Elite member, I didn't think it mattered. The room was nothing special. What surprised me was the cheap radio alarm clock they provide. I never thought a Marriott would have these. See my pictures. I'd say the best thing about this hotel is the address, being in La Jolla. You also have to pay for internet access unless you are in the lobby for WiFi access.

• 3 of 5 stars
Susanna A, Front Office Manager at San Diego Marriott La Jolla, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear soverdi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is imperative to our growth and we truly appreciate it. We always encourage our guests to reach out to a Manager on Duty during your stay so that we are able to better your experience and ensure that you are happy prior to your departure.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us this growth opportunity!
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

the location is convenient, close to 2 major highways and right next to the UTC mall. the room was very clean and the bed and pillow were really soft and comfy. a special word for Amelia & Bilal working on the 15th floor concierge level during the morning breakfast hours. always treating every guest as if one of their own, they exemplify what is excellent service. a small quibble, however, on the maids who had forgotten to wipe my desk but have otherwise done their room cleaning job admirably.

Scottsdale,az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have been staying here for the past 6 weeks. Amelia Bilal in the concierge on the 15th floor is the Best!!!!!!
Jeff that works at the bar is wonderful, what could be better than that? He the greatest too!!!!!!!! I love it that Jeff remembers my name and knows exactly what I want.
Best service anywhere! I would highly recommend the Marriott just for the wonderful service that we have received!
Just excellent service!!!!!!!

Bountiful, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The room was lovely. Very Clean with a semi-balcony that had a hard to lock/unlock door (I didn't report this, however). I was increadibly dissapointed that the parking was $20.00 a day with no other options...what-so-ever! I Loved The Hotel! The Service Was Fabulous!!! Ceasar was my server in the breakfast buffet, and we was increadibly friendly and helpful. He was the only reason I felt good about paying nearly $20.00 for a breakfast buffet!
As I was checking in, Theresa was our assistant and she was wonderful! She answered every question I had and was super patient! This was my first trip to San Diego and I was there for my daughters wedding and she gave us some terrific tips! She went above and beyond! She was amazing! Kudos to both Theresa and Ceasar and thanks to them both for making my stay at that Marriot more than pleasant!
on another note...There were picketers in the front of the hotel, early in the morning, on Friday the 4th of October of my stay...I understand that they would like to see a union...some of the workers that remain with the hotel, under the new management, might be considered for raised and better health benefits, if not health benefits, all together....happy employees make for happy guests,....just a thought from a fellow manager....

Room Tip: I have only stayed one time and the room that I had was nice...the bed and pillow were comfortable...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was an excellent hotel. Everything was perfect.

Highlights:

-- Staff treated everyone as an individual and genuinely cared. I cannot praise them enough.
-- Wi-Fi speed. No dead spots and plenty of bandwidth.
-- Restaurant. Great food, service, and the patio seating is perfect for the So-Cal climate.

Nit-picky item because nothing's perfect :-) :

-- Elevators slow during the morning rush. Add a few extra minutes to your commute

1 Thank ChrisInSC
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We booked this hotel for our Women's retreat. It was a one night stay with served lunch & dinners. The hotel took great care of us. They made special meal accommodations for a couple of younger women and the gluten free dessert (fruit) was delicious. Everything went very smoothly for us from our arrival through our departure the next morning!

Room Tip: We overlooked the pool which was a nice view and didn't face the busier street side.
1 Thank Karen K