Empress Hotel - A Greystone Hotel
$220
$199
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$201
  • Restaurant
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$259
$179
Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
$352
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$158
$152
$127
  • Breakfast included
La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$269
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
La Valencia Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$279
$237
  • Pool
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$169
Sheraton.com
1,005 results
All reviewsmanhattan restaurantvalet parkingpiano barspa suitewithin walking distancecontinental breakfaststreet parkingboiled eggsjacuzzi tubshops and restaurantsyogurtheart of la jollasmall hotelperfect locationstarbucks coffeefront desk stafftwo queen beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had the great pleasure of staying at the Empress Hotel in beautiful downtown La Jolla. The hotel was impressive, the room was comfortable, fresh and well appointed. From the moment I walked in the staff made me feel welcome and this continued until my speedy check out. There is a free continential breakfast that is above the ordinary. You can fresh make your own waffles, as well as the wide array of fruits, danish, eggs, cereals, juices and coffee. I will definitely stay at the Empress again when I am in La Jolla.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed 7/21-27. Location in La Jolla just four blocks or so from the cove is terrific. Street parking was interesting and turned into a game. If you don't valet (which is fine), looks for streets with longer or no limits. Anyway, perfect location. We could see the ocean from our room, the staff was amazingly helpful, even suggesting a farmer's market in Ocean Beach on Wednesday evenings which was fun and funky. Torry Pines State Park (and beach) is 10-15 minutes to the north, Pacific Beach is 10 minutes south, Ocean Beach is another 10-15 minutes south. Many many great places to eat within a block or two. We spent a couple of days strolling between the hotel and the ocean. Perfect climate, fine breakfast (use a little less than the recommended amount of batter for crispier waffles), helpful staff and total relaxation. We didn't want to leave, and plan to return for a month when we retire. We stayed there once about 15 years ago and the staff was just as friendly and helpful. This place is a great value and a 'sure thing.'

Room Tip: We enjoyed the 5th floor but I'm sure it's all fine.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed the week of July 16-20, and was very happy with the quality of the facilities and service. I was in room 104, which is close to the elevators and restaurant, but the room was very quiet and I had no issues at all with noise or disturbances of any kind. Parking on the street can be very challenging, but Nick and Alan at the front desk were very helpful at providing hints regarding street parking in the area. The Manhattan Restaurant was great. I had the grilled swordfish with capers one evening, and it was perfectly done. I know I'll be back again to sample some of the other dishes. All in all, my stay was very satisfying, and I look forward to my next visit to the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We just spent 2 nights at the Empress Hotel and found that it deserves its reputation.
It is in a perfect location.
The rooms are quiet, clean and nicely appointed.
The staff were very pleasant and helpful, especially Cisco.
We will stay there on our next trip to La Jolla.

Room Tip: Room 416 was great!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The staff was outstanding, always eager to help and very outgoing and friendly, always with a smile and a greeting. When I asked how to get back to my car rental facility since it wasn't right at the airport, he promptly looked up the address and printed me out directions. Parking is an issue in the area, so we did the $18/day valet parking and never really had to wait for the car. The rooms were nicely maintained and roomy in that it was wide. You can actually open the windows here. We didn't eat at the on site restaurant here but heard it was very good. The included continental breakfast was decent and had hard boiled eggs and you could make your own Belgium waffles and eat on a nice patio. The location is very good and central to everything with a short walk.
Would go back again!

Room Tip: I had read that food smells from the restaurant can be an issue in some rooms but we had no problem.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family