La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites
$245
$228
Curio.com
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn San Diego La Jolla(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$186
$169
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$271
$249
  • Pool
Sheraton La Jolla Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$184
  • Pool
La Valencia Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$345
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$200
$183
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

$166
$152
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $225/night.

La Jolla Shores Hotel(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$269
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $304/night.

Pantai Inn(La Jolla)
$490
$468
1,123 results
All reviewssea lionsla jolla coverooftop breakfastview from the balconyone bedroom suiteocean frontfull kitchenscripps parkhard boiled eggscomplimentary breakfastan older hotelmain buildingpool and hot tubcan't beat the locationwatch the sunsetamazing locationbit dated
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This location is hard to beat. We watched whales from our room one time we visited. Do not make the mistake of picking a two bedroom suite. The rooms are very small and awkward, and in serious need for fixing up. The one-bedroom suites are better -- and much fresher, too. We did not try the breakfast here, but walked over to Nine-Ten just a block away, where the food is great.

Room Tip: Some rooms could really use fixing up. Ask for a "new" room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank _M_A_A_97
Windy G, Front Office Manager at La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear _M_A_A_97,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at La Jolla Cove Suites. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the property. I' am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our Two Bedroom Suites we do have a variety of other Two Bedroom Suites to choose from if you are in the area again.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The location is terrific, staff are wonderful, complimentary breakfasts are plentiful. I particularly liked the roof top restaurant with stunning ocean views.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom / 2 bath suite. Very spacious. The kitchen and bathrooms are in need of a refurb, but the rooms and furniture is all very good.

The pool deck is very nice and well kept.

The hotel represents good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Downunderjason

Dear Downunderjason,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at La Jolla Cove Suites and for taking the time to post your comments and rate our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I love to sit on the balcony and people watch as I sit and sip on a nice glass of wine ... the best place to just relax when you need to decompress ! and the continental breakfast in the morning over looking the ocean is a fabulous !

Room Tip: ask for a room over looking the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank SanDIegoTravelinfool
LaJollaCoveSuites, Manager at La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear SanDIegoTravelinfool,

Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our oceanfront balconies are definitely a great place to relax! We look forward to seeing you again!

Tracy White

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We decided to try La Jolla Cove Suites again this past week, after a 7-year break from it. I had read a few recent reviews about LJCS and it seemed like they might have improved in some areas. Since we love the Cove area, we decided to give it another try. The previous time we stayed here (2007) the noise was irritating, smoking on suite patios was tolerated by the management and the property and furnishings were extremely outdated. This time we requested a corner room in the annex building, top floor. We arrived and found that we were given the top floor, but not a corner room. We thought this was OK since we were given the top floor. Within two minutes of getting into the room someone from the front office called to see if everything was OK. I told them the room looked good, but I would have to call them back once we had a chance to settle in. Within five minutes we began hearing a lot of noise in the suite next to us. The insulation is bad in this hotel. We soon learned that our next door neighbors were having many visitors over for the day (and late into the night).
When I called back to let the front office know how things were going, I told them how noisy it was next door and I was very concerned about it. I asked if perhaps another suite would be available for us that day or the next day. The front desk lady said she did not think there were any other rooms available for us, but she would have the manager call us back shortly. After an hour and a half went by I decided to call again to check on a different room. This time I talked to a manager who knew nothing about our previous phone call. She did say, however, that there were no corner rooms available that night. OK, I told her we would try staying the night and I would let her know the next day if we were going to continuing staying here, depending on the noise situation next door. The manager said she would call the people in the next door room that were making all the noise. The noises next door continued late into the night plus there was so much smoking on the next door patio, we could not enjoy our own balcony. The balconies are extremely close and the dividing wall between them does not extend out far enough to allow any privacy. Cigarette smoke was also coming into our suite through what we determined must be the electrical outlets!
The noise and smoking continued all evening. At one point (around 10:30 PM), I happened to see five people noisily leaving that suite, but the partying continued on the patio. Just after 11 PM I called the front desk to complain again about the noise. I was told they would have security go over to the room to check on things. I never heard anyone from the hotel go next door to check on things. The hotel front desk person assured me they have a strict NO SMOKING policy that extends to the entire property. Hmm. The LJCS hotel website has a nearly 500-word section in their policies about no tolerance for parties or smoking and it lists all the consequences that will occur if someone dared to challenge them on it. The bottom line is that it appeared to us that no one did anything about the problems we reported. In the morning we observed cigarettes and lighters on the patio tables next door.
The only good thing to come out of our experience here is that the manager let us out of our 4-night reservation. We left after staying just one stressful night here. We were extremely disappointed in the total disregard of our concerns and their own “policies” by the management of this hotel.
Note: when I originally called to make a reservation, I asked the front desk person if there was any construction going on nearby. The person told me “well, they are just working on the lifeguard station across the street.” I was surprised to find out that in fact, a huge section of the Cove is being redone and there are trucks, noise and workers there much of the day. I would have appreciated knowing about this before reserving four nights here (see attached photo).

Room Tip: Good luck.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Tempe1Traveler
Windy G, Front Office Manager at La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Tempe1Traveler,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at La Jolla Cove Suites and thank you for taking the time to post your comments and rate our hotel. It is a great training tool and we take them very seriously. I will certainly share your survey with our entire team, as we believe it very important for all associates to be able to see how our guests rate their stay with us.

I was quite distressed to hear after speaking with you and addressing the situation earlier in the day that the noise level went on until the late night. On behalf of the staff at the La Jolla Suites Hotel, I want to personally apologize to you for your recent experience. While it is always our goal that our guests have an exceptional experience, based on your comments, we let you down during your stay and in no way was that our intent nor is it the way we want to handle our guest concerns. I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we heard your concern and are definitely doing something about it.

Once again I want to apologize and hope that you will allow us the opportunity have you as our guest and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Spent a wonderful 6 nights at the La Jolla Cove Suites - 72 and sunny EVERY DAY! Sea lions harping, scuba/snorkeling day/night, tourists rolling in and out of Scripps Park. A great place to stay - couples or families. Great pool area w/grills and seating. Cozy suites with sink, mini fridge and microwave for quick snacks. Wonderful views from the balcony/street side looking out onto the Pacific over Scripps Park. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat...we were very sad to have to leave such a beautiful place.

Room Tip: Go for the balcony -- worth every view you'll get from it - day or night!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pepper5105
Windy G, Front Office Manager at La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Pepper5105,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at La Jolla Cove Suites. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the property and all the wonderful things we have to offer!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!