Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Hike Bike Kayak San Diego tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Hike Bike Kayak San Diego
from $40.00
from $45.00
from $50.00
More Info
All reviews sea caves small group great tour our tour guide marine life a lot of fun high tide the cliff la jolla cove kayak company surf nick waves lockers ocean helmets
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

We had an excellent time today. Thank you for your personal attention and smiling faces all along the way.
Rick and Beverly DeBlecourt

Reviewed August 8, 2018

When I signed up for this tour, I believe I signed up for a Leopard Shark Snorkel Tour because I was very excited to see the sharks. My friend and I were put on the "La Jolla Cove Snorkel Tour" that was not purely for seeing sharks, and we found out we only found this out once we were in the water. This was a little disappointing considering I could've sworn I signed up for the Leopard Shark Snorkel promoted on their website, but we managed to have some fun anyway! Our tour guide Henry was very fun and did a great job! We saw lots of fish and seals/sea lions swimming & sun bathing. We also got to swim through some caves, including one that was completely underwater, which I found to be really cool. The water was a good temperature and I didn't feel like I wanted a wetsuit whatsoever. All and all, it was a nice snorkel trip, just not the one I think I signed up for.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

we booked a triple kyack for me, my daughter and 5 yr old granddaughter. First let me say i called a few times with many questions and felt like a pain. But each and every time I called they were so nice and accomadating.
And today Don and I think her name was Shana were amazing. The water was perfect for us to enter one cave "The clam cave" The two were so informative from the wildlife in the ocean to the mansions on the cliff. And lots of fun. Thank you guys for making my girls first kyacking adventure so wonderful. And a thumbs up on the jokes.

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

My wife, 11 year old daughter and I had a great trip with Bike and Kayak La Jolla. The entire staff was cordial and welcoming, and made us feel at home. Our guides, Alexis and Abbey, were terrific! The equipment was all in good shape, and, importantly, gear that goes on your body, i.e., the wetsuits, mark and snorkel were very clean.

The trip itself involved a quick lesson on the beach followed by a paddle across the bay from the beach to sea caves with frequent observation and interpretation from our guides of the natural features of the bay and its wildlife, as well as the man-made features, like the fabulously expensive homes that line the bay.

Once we reached the caves, our guides led our group in snorkeling on the reef, where was saw bright orange Garibaldi fish, lobster and other fish. We all swam into one of the more open caves, which was easy enough for our 11 year old to handle, and Abbey led the more intrepid swimmers through another narrow cave passage.

After a good amount of time in the water, we got back in the boats, paddled back to the beach and surfed the waves in to shore.

It was a 3-hour that was a lot of fun for everyone, and unlike another more famous 3-hour tour, we all made it back as planned!

1  Thank 52Denver80Traveler
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Found tour on Groupon. Went on the tour at 9am. About a group of 10 tandem kayaks and 2 tour guides. They said the water was calm. However, we still got drenched at the start getting out beyond the waves. I do recommend having a water proof case for phone. You can buy at shop. Leave everything else in your car or a locker. We kayaked about 1/2 way to the cove and took a break. Tour guides told us some fun facts and then paddled the rest of the way. Each break we learned another fun fast about La Jolla. You are in the actual cave for about 3 minutes. Not very big. Saw some sea lions and orange fish. Tour was fun for something to do. Not the most amazing thing ever but staff were all friendly. Couple cute restaurants by the shop to go to before or after. Free parking was easy to find in residential area at 8am.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

1  Thank 52Denver80Traveler
Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

I live in Montana, and booked a tour for July 4th. I booked this tour 2 months prior to this date. On June 26th, they emailed me saying they updated and changed my reservation for June 27th. This obviously doesn't work, as I'm on the other side of the country. I called them to ask why this happened. They said it is because they aren't going to be open on the 4th of July. To be clear, I don't have an issue with people closing for the holiday. I do have an issue with not being told said business is going to be closed when I booked it in the first place. And now any tour company that IS open on July 4th is completely booked so I can't take my friends and my little brother on the adventure I promised them.

2  Thank Tiffany M
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Hi really enjoyed this kayaking trip. I was worried about kayaking in the ocean and maneuvering through the waves I won’t lie it was scary going through the waves but I survived! My cousin and I were in a tandem kayak she flipped coming in. I managed to stay in. Our tour guide Layla had some cheese jokes but I loved it! She provided us with information about the area, it’s history including its residents and was overall amazing! She focused on making this trip informative and safe only guiding us into the caves when it was safe. I can wait to go to La Jolla and do it again! Sorry I didn’t want to risk loosing my camera so I did not take it with me

Reviewed June 15, 2018

Hike Bike and Kayak are a nice company, with very helpful people and staff. They went to of their way to help us out. We were a little late, and they accommodated us very well. The tour was very nice, and well guided. We got some great views on the way, and managed to enter the coves as well. We did see a lot of sea lions, but missed leopard sharks. Overall, the guides and the staff was great, and would recommend the company for the kayak tours.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

The bike tour is so awesome! Definitely not very physically challenging, but you do need some average level bike skills because the ride can be steep. Sarah and Greg were awesome! So knowledgeable and friendly. Catching baby sea lions in the sun, admiring the homes and beach, everything was amazing. The stops along the way were beautiful and the guides were so willing to take pics. If you’re considering a bike tour, this is a must do!