“Great burgers..... very slow service.....”
Review of La Jolla Brew House - CLOSED

La Jolla Brew House
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have to TOTALLY agree with Oceanside's post. The food was actually good. It's just the service is way way way slow.

I went with my wife the other night. We often times go for strolls along side the ocean in La Jolla as it's so beautiful. We went to the grocery store right there across the street when we spotted it. There was no parking space in the restaurant as they only had a few spots. But since we went shopping at the grocery store we figured it would be ok to park in the grocery parking lot so we did.

The place was actually packed. We went on friday night and it was happy hour. We don't drink alcohol so we didn't drink any beer but plenty of people were.

We started out with an appetizer of Bruschetta and it was actually REALLY good with homemade bread. My wife got a burger and I got a brat that came with sauerkraut. My brat wasn't that good and my wife's burger was so good I ended up getting one too. The burger had a lot of flavor and the bread tasted fresh.

The staff was friendly but I have to say it was VERY VERY slow. It took forever. There was a manager (black guy) that was going around to tables introducing himself. But personally I think they should take him to utilize his time more and either take orders or help the wait staff as they were slow.

The place was packed with people eating. One thing that really surprised us was there were TONS of families with young kids eating here. They did have a kids menu but we couldn't figure out why so many young kids were in this bar restaurant. We just thought it was a bit odd.

I'd go back for a burger but I'd hope the wait times improved. Even getting our check took a good 15 minutes.

1  Thank saintba

Reviewed January 17, 2012

My husband and I went last week to La Jolla Brew House and it was a nice place to enjoy a drink and relax. The bar wasn't too large or too loud. The staff is friendly and helpful with beer selections. You can tell there are regulars who come often and we may become one of them.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

This is a typical burger place, good food and selection of beers is great. Not too expensive, remember your in La Jolla, California.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

I stopped here on a day trip to La Jolla back in August. I was actually just passing through town on my way to San Diego, but after driving around for a bit, I spotted this brew house and decided to stop. I'm glad I did because not only was I able to sample some great local beer, but I got to sink my teeth into some great pita bread and hummus. The beer really hit the spot on such a hot day, and I really like the variety that they had to offer. I would highly recommend stopping here for happy hour or late night munchies.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

Stopped here on a Thursday night to use a Groupon - very nice atmosphere in the brew pub and we enjoyed both the burgers and the beer. They had some good beer selections for a fairly small place. They also had quite a few tvs and seems like a good place to watch games.

They were very busy and service was a little slow, but they were friendly and we enjoyed it there. The manager stopped by to see how we were doing, so that was nice as well. If we were from the area, I could see this being a good place to hang out.