“Excellent View, Wine list and phenomenal service!”
Review of The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla - CLOSED

The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located on fashionable Prospect Street, tucked in alongside La Jolla's most exclusive shops, boutiques and galleries, The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla is La Jolla village's premier ocean-view steakhouse. The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla serves 100% USDA prime-aged steaks, chops, poultry and a variety of fresh seafood. Outdoors, a garden courtyard patio features starlight dining around a contemporary glass-encircled fire ring. A casual patio menu is available, with amazing Happy Hour specials offered daily. $7 drinks, $1 off all beers, and a variety of food items for $10 or less. Indoors, floor-to-ceiling windows shamelessly reveal why The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla was voted best in its class. An intimate private Wine Room is glass-surrounded, insuring unobstructed views of the Pacific Coastline.
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I have to say that I was extremelly satisficed for the restaurant. Food was great, wine list very good , view can't get better than this and a great service. I would go back anytime!

Reviewed August 6, 2010

Besides being BEAUTIFUL - the food was great too! Although, it can be pricey, the decor of the restaurant and food was superb as well as the service. Overall, a great choice!

Reviewed April 11, 2010

I was a little disappointed in the food and service at Azul. I agreed to meet friends here for happy hour and it was just okay. After being in LaJolla for a week, I knew we could have done better. The service was slow and it just wasn't very crowded. The waitress forgot my wine and the tapas were nothing to write about.

Reviewed March 8, 2010

Was taken for dinner here after a conference. The previous night I had eaten at George's which I found fussy and unimpressive (although I have had nice meals there before). Stuck to basics: lobster soup, tasty and rich. A superb steak, actually tasted of meat for a change. And cooked how I wanted it. Wine list enticing but usual way-over-top US prices for imported stuff (and even the Californian wines seem to be more expensive than they are in Europe - why?). Service very good, although they seemed unable to rustle up a taxi after we left. Only real downside was the view of empty tables. A Sunday night in February is clearly not a busy time in La Jolla.

Reviewed February 13, 2010

This restaurant is a place to go for a nice view of the Pacific Ocean but not a food destination. The restaurant is dated and old fashioned. The food is average at best and the service was sketchy. I selected two bottles of wine that they turned out not to have in stock and ended up paying $120 for a bottle of Tuscan wine that should have sold for about $60. I would not go back. I am in the restaurant/hospitality business and I wold stay away from this restaurant if you are looking for excellent food. If the view is the main thing, then this is a great location.

1  Thank iamstoked22