“An absolutely great experience, in all facets.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla - CLOSED

The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located on fashionable Prospect Street, tucked in alongside La Jolla's most exclusive shops, boutiques and galleries, The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla is La Jolla village's premier ocean-view steakhouse. The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla serves 100% USDA prime-aged steaks, chops, poultry and a variety of fresh seafood. Outdoors, a garden courtyard patio features starlight dining around a contemporary glass-encircled fire ring. A casual patio menu is available, with amazing Happy Hour specials offered daily. $7 drinks, $1 off all beers, and a variety of food items for $10 or less. Indoors, floor-to-ceiling windows shamelessly reveal why The Steakhouse at Azul La Jolla was voted best in its class. An intimate private Wine Room is glass-surrounded, insuring unobstructed views of the Pacific Coastline.
Los Angeles
“An absolutely great experience, in all facets.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

This was a surprise for my wife on our anniversary. I researched restaurants in San Diego county...at least 30 of them. I selected Azul but, wanting everything to be just right, I did not reserve on the Internet. I called on the phone, got a very nice lady who announced she was the manager, and it just took off from there.
We arrived on June 13 at the time suggested and were escorted by the hostess to a table by the window with their famous and fabulous view. It seems she was tipped off to our special occasion. Then the server, a very gracious young lady, came to our table and immediately congratulated us. Good will flows so freely at this establishment!
After some champagne and time to settle into this seeming fantasy we ordered...steaks, of course, their specialty...with the special bernaise topping. I also opted for the french onion soup, my favorite for years.
Our server was so attentive! She never tried to push us along, but she was never far nor long away, continually checking that all was okay. She was just the best! And as an added bonus, the manager arrived from a prior outside engagement and came to our table to personally meet and congratulate us.
The steaks were perfectly cooked...one medium rare, one medium well, as we ordered. And Azul really knows how to do steaks!
At the end of dinner we were debating whether to get a dessert...so tempting, but we were quite full and feeling pleased by then. Our server settled the debate on her own with a surprise complimentary chocolate-cherry torte. The chef even wrote his/her congratulations on the plate. Wow!
This is an unbelievably responsive restaurant. They really try to please their customers, and we two could not have been more pleased.
The food, the view, the drinks, the whole experience...they treated us as if we were visiting dignitaries. I'm glad I made that phone call!

2 Thank LosAngelesChuck

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellence in food and a...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

Excellence in food and a beautiful atmosphere in the heart of downtown La Jolla.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“A favorite for the lunch...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2008

A favorite for the lunch buffet. Never went for dinner.

Arlington, Texas
“Exceptional Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2008

My wife and I dined here on Saturday July 26th and I would say that we had a fantastic dinner. First off we had an excellent booth seat to catch the sunset. It added to the warm and inviting atmosphere of the restaurant. Then the food was outstanding, Everything from the salad to the main course to dessert was fabulous. The wait staff was the best I've seen in a very long time. And I mean wait staff, not just our wonderful waitress. I never had to pick up the bottle of wine to fill my glass. If my waitress was busy, someone else came by to tend to our needs. Where do you ever see that? As we were celebrating my wife's birthday, the restaurant cemented a memorable night by bringing us a complimentary dessert that just summed up everything. This is a first class restaurant. We were very impressed.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I will never dine here again. The view was spectacular, yes, but the food was not. I had the halibut, and in my...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2008

I will never dine here again. The view was spectacular, yes, but the food was not. I had the halibut, and in my opinion, Azul fails at the whole Spanish influence-fusion thing they're attempting to do. Cilantro Peanut Pesto mixed with Japanese sweet potato salad?! C'mon!