“Excellent Food”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 1,236 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Nobel Drive (University Town Center's Costa Verde Shopping Center)
Transit: Bus stop within walking distance
Fountain Hills, Arizona
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had dinner with an old friend at Roy's several nights ago. Mt wife and friend loved the fresh sushi. I had the spicy shrimp on leeks with asparagus; my wife had the mahi mahi with macadamia nuts. Both dishes were excellent! Service was prompt and efficient. The restaurant was very busy, so it was sort of noisy. All-in-all, a very good dining experience.

• Visited April 2013

San Diego, California
“A little bit of Hawaii right here.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A really nice restaurant. Laid out well with a well trained staff. Nice bar scene too. My wife and I like sitting in the back at the sushi bar.

Visited December 2012
N. California
“Typical Roys”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Although this has been rebranded, I didn't see a big difference between this location and the other Roys we have been to. That being said, the food and service was very good. Love the Hawaiian Martinis but, I had to ask to have mine reshaken as it was not very cold. Only complaint was having a reservation and waiting 10 minutes, there really is no place to wait except at the bar (I guess that it the point though). Next time I am in SD, I will go to the Roys downtown.

• Visited March 2013
San Diego, California
“Awesome happy hour and atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Love Roy's anyways, but their happy hour rocks! The service is great, and the staff is friendly! There is really nothing that I dislike about this place....

Visited June 2012
Carlsbad, California
“Always a wonderful experience”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've been to other Roy locations and was thrilled to be invited as a Trip Advisor contributor. Many there were more skillful in describing the menu than myself, so won't try to do that, but what I will say is I love everything there and I've tried it all. I don't even care what I'm eating as long as it taste good - and it does. Everything from the Hamachi Chirashi to the Wagyu Steak - it's all delicious. I know when I'm at Roy's I'm having not just a meal but a wonderful experience. It's great to see kids and family there too enjoying their meal.
I brought a friend to this event who has never been to Roy's and she said she loved it too. The lava cake must be preordered and is a favorite, but on this night the pineapple upside down cake really hit the spot. It was served warm and people were reserving it as a special treat. We ate every bite served and yet when I left I was more than satisfied, but not the stuffed "OMG - I ate too much" feeling. Just perfect.

• Visited March 2013