“Fabulous house, location and amenities!”
other travelers have booked this property
Jacuzzi and pool pool
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Jacuzzi and pool
pool
Pool with jacuzzi, firepit and BBQ
Pool and yard
Back of house
Pool with waterfall, firepit and jacuzzi
Front of house
Front of house
Entry way with new brazillian cherry (jatoba) hardwood flooring
Front Living Room
Front Living Room with new flooring
Entry way in bottom right, front living room in bottom left, and bar area of kitchen in top left
Living Room
Great room, w/ stone fireplace, flatscreen TV, dining area, etc
Family Room
Great room, with huge cherry dining table, and glimpse of leather U sectional
Great room
Master bedroom from east
Master bedroom from west
View from the Master bedroom
Master bathroom
Master bathroom
Children's Bedroom (the red sofa has been replaced with a West Elm full futon)
Children's room (upstairs front bedroom)
Children's Bedroom (the red sofa has been replaced with a West Elm full futon)
The Third Bedroom (upstairs back)
The Third Bedroom
The Third Bedroom
Bathroom at top of stairs
The Fifth Bedroom (downstairs, adjacent to full bathroom with tub/shower)
Downstairs Bathroom
Second Bathroom
The Fifth Bedroom (french doors open to the backyard)
The Fifth Bedroom (downstairs, rear)
The Fifth Bedroom (downstairs back)
The Fourth Bedroom (downstairs front)
Game Room
Game Room
Grounds
Grounds
The Pool
Patio
The Pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 18 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fabulous house, location and amenities!”
Reviewed November 11, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Let me start by saying our staying was "fabulous"! This was our first time doing a house rental so we were a little apprehensive hoping it would all work out and let me tell you this rental is all it says and more. The pictures depict exactly how wonderful the house is. Everything that we wanted was within 10-20 minutes, so great location. Went to Pacific Beach, which is a must see, La Jolla Cove, MS Midway tour just to mention a few attractions we did. The weather was not as hot as we had hoped but my grandson did use the pool and the rest used the hot tub daily. The owner, Laura, stopped by and was very pleasant and helped with attraction suggestions. She indicated that we could call her at anytime if we had any questions. This was such a wonderful family trip that we didn't want to leave. The family enjoyed the pool table and the foosball table. San Diego is a great vacation place and plan on going again in the near future and we will definately contact Laura to arrange booking her rental again. If you are wondering about booking this rental do not hesitate, it is a great rental! Can't wait to go back and will not hesitate to recommend. Book this rental, you will be glad you did!

Nov 17, 2017
I'm glad you had a great time, and I really appreciate your review. Looking forward to having you return.
Oakland_D...
Oakland, CA
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 18, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

We booked this location during the last week of July for a family gathering, including six adults and two children. Ultimately, we were very disappointed.

This property, listed as a luxurious accommodation when we booked, did not meet our expectations and standards. We raised a number of issues with the owner, who tried to accommodate when possible, and we offered her many suggestions for maintenance and improvement. For example the refrigerator-freezer was not working properly, the kitchen faucet required repair on our arrival, there were stains on the carpeting and couch, and there was broken poolside furniture.

During our stay, La Jolla temperatures in the mid-80s left the bedrooms stifling (in spite of five portable fans) to the degree that we had to leave our booking two days early. (There is no air conditioning and natural ventilation was ineffective.) Our request for a one day rebate was refused. And after we left the owner suggested that we had stolen some of her beach towels and damaged a router antenna that was already broken.

Be sure to request and read the owner's seven page information handout regarding her do's and many dont's before you commit. Unfortunately, we cannot recommend this property.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 24, 2017
This renter was happy with the property for the first four days. Then, the renter called to complain that the internet had stopped working. I came over within an hour but couldn't fix it. The internet support technician arrived later that afternoon, and found that the router antenna was physically broken. I informed the renter that the router was broken, possibly one of their kids had played with it, but it was now working and I would not be charging them. The following day, they called to complain that the freezer ice maker was producing ice, but ice was not coming out of the door dispenser. I told them I could be there in two hours and suggested they just take the ice out of the freezer in the meanwhile, rather than use the dispenser. This was not acceptable to them. They said that a luxury rental property should come with a working ice dispenser, and that the property was not as advertised, and they would be leaving early. They told me that if I did not give them a refund, they would be leaving a negative review. Both the renter and his extremely aggressive son called me numerous times, the son threatening me in a manner that was, well, scary.

After they left, I discovered that the ice dispenser was clogged with ice cubes that had melted together and refrozen into one giant clump. I lifted the giant clump out and it worked fine. Apparently, they had failed to keep the freezer door closed properly. 10 of my new beach towels were missing. (Maybe their new hotel did not provide beach towels?) I did not withhold any of their damage deposit for the broken router or the missing towels, but I did not bow to their demands for a partial refund.

I am generally very lenient with damage. I tend to view broken glasses, torn/missing towels, and broken chairs as typical wear and tear for a vacation property. I do NOT provide any refund to dissatisfied guests, particularly a reason as lame as hot weather. Threats of retaliatory negative reviews will not lead me to change my position on this. I have had renters who arrive and immediately start to renegotiate the rent, and others who wait until the end as this guest did. I do not renegotiate price. Period. Threats will not lead me to change my mind.

I take suggestions seriously, and we are currently hoping to install A/C this fall. I will update the listing after the A/C is installed. I have also removed the pool chair that was broken by the previous renter. There are now 15 perfect chairs instead of 16. The carpet often becomes dirty during the summer, when I have back to back renters; it will be cleaned this fall during a gap between renters. One of the two kitchen faucets was slightly loose, but was tightened during their stay. It does become loose every now and then, but this does not effect functionality, and we tighten it as needed.
sharonwil...
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Wonderful Vacation Home for Our Large Family”
Reviewed August 1, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Our family group of 10 adults and 5 children loved this beautiful home. The kids especially enjoyed the pool -- it was sometimes challenging to get them out of the pool to visit the many attractions of the San Diego area! The owner, Laura, was very pleasant and helpful, even trying to help us track down a missing computer power cord we thought we had left in the home. Our only suggestion would be to add a comfortable full-bed-size air mattress (we purchased one and left it for future guests), to comfortably sleep 15 adults and tween/teenagers. The minor bed shortage will not be a problem for groups with SMALL children. We enthusiastically recommend this lovely home!!

Aug 24, 2017
Thanks so much for your review. The house has beds for 15 people, plus two single air mattresses. I'm not sure I will be keeping the full air mattress at the house, as I do not want to encourage groups of this size. While this group was absolutely lovely and I'd love to have them back, some large groups do cause significant wear and tear.
Reviewed December 4, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad my property exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you again next year!
Subsambhi
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic house great host”
Reviewed November 13, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We were a group of 13 adults, this house met all our expectations it had everything one would expect, 2 good size living rooms flat screen TV.. Kitchen had all the items you would expect. Sleeping arrangements was not an issue for my group. The master bedroom has a walk in wardrobe, en suite with shower and bath tub not forgetting the flat screen tv.

We made full use of the hot tub and the swimming pool which made our trip more enjoyable, the gardens were kept up to standard, there is also a gas bbq and a Pitt..

The host Laura visited us just make sure that we settled in and assisited us with local amenities like shops and restaurants which were a 5 minute drive away.

Finally the property is located in a quite residential area, parking is not an issue as 2 vehicles can easily be parked in the drive.

I would definitely come back in the near future, thanx Laura for letting us use your beautiful property for our visit to San Diego...

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Dec 6, 2015
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. I'm glad you enjoyed your self.
Anders N
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Really nice property!”
Reviewed November 10, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

Spent 3 days here last fall and really liked it, so I came back Sept 2015 with my two brothers' families- 6 adults, 6 kids from 2 to 16 years. Lots of space to cook, eat, and do things together. Especially nice is the very large dining table that fit us all! Nice neighborhood, within 15 minutes of most of the things to do in San Diego, including SeaWorld, the zoo, the beach, and the airport. Enough sleeping space for all of us, so we saved quite a bit of $ compared to renting several hotel rooms.. Well-maintained pool, hot tub, and pool table. Plenty of driveway and street parking. View all the way to the mountains on a clear day! The owners seem to always stop by the morning after we arrive to see if we need anything. We would certainly stay here again!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Kitchen, gas grill, and large dining area.
Liked least: Nothing!
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Dec 6, 2015
I'm glad you and your family had a great time. Thanks for the review. I really appreciate it.
rugbylove...
Solihull
“Wonderful La Jolla.....”
Reviewed October 12, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

But not so much for the accommodation, sadly.

This stay really didn't go well to us, and the whole experience was far, far below our expectations for the money. The owner was extremely rude and unhelpful, and "couldn't" get in touch with us because we were using international cell phones. Anything we wanted had to be dealt with by 5:30 in the evening (not great, since on arrival day we weren't allowed to check in until 5:00, 30 minutes to identify any issues is not acceptable).

When we arrived it was 90 degrees inside the house and despite the listing mentioning "all amenities", that does not include air conditioning - my understanding of the US is that air conditioning would be considered an amenity, particularly in a million-dollar property. We felt misled and duped, we had paid a very large sum of money and were spoken to like naughty schoolchildren.

It "cooled down" to 84 degrees overnight, we had an infant and several other young children with us and I was extremely worried for their health and safety. Day 2 (or Day 1 proper) saw us heading to the Home Depot to spend $750 on air conditioning units, just so we could make the stay somewhat bearable.

The rooms other than the master bedroom were very small and poky. There was a lecture on recycling everything (which we would have done anyway) provided for us, and half a bin allocated - anything else you take to the recyclers yourselves (luxury or what?). "Luckily" there were only 12 of us, rather than the 15 this place is supposed to be able to accommodate (that would be a real push, I would say 12 absolute maximum, there aren't enough bathrooms or beds for more than that). If you go for La Jolla, do it properly and in style, if this place is cheaper than others in the area that sleep the same number of people, there is a reason!

The pool and hot tub facilities were lovely, and saved this place from a 1-star - although the "efforts" to fence off the downward slope were weak at best, I'm not sure why a small wall couldn't have been built, instead an ugly looking pool cover does half a job (at best).

La Jolla is a beautiful area - definitely go there, definitely don't stay here.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The general area and the pool
Liked least: The attitude of the owners was a disgrace
Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Dec 6, 2015
I?m confused by this review. RugbyLover writes that we were rude and not hospitable, but he could not ?get in touch with us.? How we could have been so rude if he never spoke with us?

Prior to arrival, I emailed RugbyLover and explained that my husband and I would be on the east coast on the day of his arrival, Sat. Aug 15, but my husband would be back the following evening. I asked him to call upon arrival, being cognizant of the time difference (we never received a call). On Sunday morning, my husband and I tried calling, but we weren?t sure the calls went through, possibly because of his non-American phone. I emailed and texted RugbyLover, asking him to get in touch with my husband. My husband stopped by on Tuesday, as per our texts/emails, but no one was home. We never heard again.

Rugby lover complains about the recycling requirements and the way they were presented. I never spoke with him, so there was no oral ?lecture.? I do provide extensive recycling info to all renters. This is an important issue to me. The city picks up recycling every two weeks. Residents have a choice of bins, from 18 gallons to 96 gallons. We have 96 gallons. This is rarely a problem, but I let everyone know in advance that one week guests only have half the bin.

The listing clearly states that there is no A/C. Very few La Jolla homes have A/C, as our coastal climate is very mild. During RugbyLover?s stay, there was a heatwave and it reached 86 degrees for his first two days. If you are concerned about heat, google ?La Jolla weather? and determine your willingness to risk a heat wave.

It is difficult to imagine that RugbyLover bought air conditioners for $750. He didn?t leave them in the house or the garbage. Did he bring it back to Europe with him in the hope of converting the electrical system?

I have had renters who have had issues with various things in the house, from a broken toaster, to the spa needing repair. I always try to fix/replace things right away. If you rent my property, please let me know your concerns while you are in the house, and I will do my best to address them.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing