“Family Vacation”
other travelers have booked this property
Jacuzzi and pool pool
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Jacuzzi and pool
pool
Pool with jacuzzi, firepit and BBQ
Pool and yard
Back of house
Pool with waterfall, firepit and jacuzzi
Front of house
Front of house
Entry way with new brazillian cherry (jatoba) hardwood flooring
Front Living Room
Front Living Room with new flooring
Entry way in bottom right, front living room in bottom left, and bar area of kitchen in top left
Living Room
Great room, w/ stone fireplace, flatscreen TV, dining area, etc
Family Room
Great room, with huge cherry dining table, and glimpse of leather U sectional
Great room
Master bedroom from east
Master bedroom from west
View from the Master bedroom
Master bathroom
Master bathroom
Children's Bedroom (the red sofa has been replaced with a West Elm full futon)
Children's room (upstairs front bedroom)
Children's Bedroom (the red sofa has been replaced with a West Elm full futon)
The Third Bedroom (upstairs back)
The Third Bedroom
The Third Bedroom
Bathroom at top of stairs
The Fifth Bedroom (downstairs, adjacent to full bathroom with tub/shower)
Downstairs Bathroom
Second Bathroom
The Fifth Bedroom (french doors open to the backyard)
The Fifth Bedroom (downstairs, rear)
The Fifth Bedroom (downstairs back)
The Fourth Bedroom (downstairs front)
Game Room
Game Room
Grounds
Grounds
The Pool
Patio
The Pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Solihull
“Wonderful La Jolla.....”
Reviewed October 12, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

But not so much for the accommodation, sadly.

This stay really didn't go well to us, and the whole experience was far, far below our expectations for the money. The owner was extremely rude and unhelpful, and "couldn't" get in touch with us because we were using international cell phones. Anything we wanted had to be dealt with by 5:30 in the evening (not great, since on arrival day we weren't allowed to check in until 5:00, 30 minutes to identify any issues is not acceptable).

When we arrived it was 90 degrees inside the house and despite the listing mentioning "all amenities", that does not include air conditioning - my understanding of the US is that air conditioning would be considered an amenity, particularly in a million-dollar property. We felt misled and duped, we had paid a very large sum of money and were spoken to like naughty schoolchildren.

It "cooled down" to 84 degrees overnight, we had an infant and several other young children with us and I was extremely worried for their health and safety. Day 2 (or Day 1 proper) saw us heading to the Home Depot to spend $750 on air conditioning units, just so we could make the stay somewhat bearable.

The rooms other than the master bedroom were very small and poky. There was a lecture on recycling everything (which we would have done anyway) provided for us, and half a bin allocated - anything else you take to the recyclers yourselves (luxury or what?). "Luckily" there were only 12 of us, rather than the 15 this place is supposed to be able to accommodate (that would be a real push, I would say 12 absolute maximum, there aren't enough bathrooms or beds for more than that). If you go for La Jolla, do it properly and in style, if this place is cheaper than others in the area that sleep the same number of people, there is a reason!

The pool and hot tub facilities were lovely, and saved this place from a 1-star - although the "efforts" to fence off the downward slope were weak at best, I'm not sure why a small wall couldn't have been built, instead an ugly looking pool cover does half a job (at best).

La Jolla is a beautiful area - definitely go there, definitely don't stay here.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The general area and the pool
Liked least: The attitude of the owners was a disgrace
Traveling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dec 6, 2015
I?m confused by this review. RugbyLover writes that we were rude and not hospitable, but he could not ?get in touch with us.? How we could have been so rude if he never spoke with us?

Prior to arrival, I emailed RugbyLover and explained that my husband and I would be on the east coast on the day of his arrival, Sat. Aug 15, but my husband would be back the following evening. I asked him to call upon arrival, being cognizant of the time difference (we never received a call). On Sunday morning, my husband and I tried calling, but we weren?t sure the calls went through, possibly because of his non-American phone. I emailed and texted RugbyLover, asking him to get in touch with my husband. My husband stopped by on Tuesday, as per our texts/emails, but no one was home. We never heard again.

Rugby lover complains about the recycling requirements and the way they were presented. I never spoke with him, so there was no oral ?lecture.? I do provide extensive recycling info to all renters. This is an important issue to me. The city picks up recycling every two weeks. Residents have a choice of bins, from 18 gallons to 96 gallons. We have 96 gallons. This is rarely a problem, but I let everyone know in advance that one week guests only have half the bin.

The listing clearly states that there is no A/C. Very few La Jolla homes have A/C, as our coastal climate is very mild. During RugbyLover?s stay, there was a heatwave and it reached 86 degrees for his first two days. If you are concerned about heat, google ?La Jolla weather? and determine your willingness to risk a heat wave.

It is difficult to imagine that RugbyLover bought air conditioners for $750. He didn?t leave them in the house or the garbage. Did he bring it back to Europe with him in the hope of converting the electrical system?

I have had renters who have had issues with various things in the house, from a broken toaster, to the spa needing repair. I always try to fix/replace things right away. If you rent my property, please let me know your concerns while you are in the house, and I will do my best to address them.
Randy P
Dallas, Texas
“Family Vacation”
Reviewed July 10, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Easley accommodated 8 adults 4 kids all the comforts of home. Pool and hot tub was a great feature. Gas grill and fire pit was a amenity as well as up to date laundry machines.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The scenery was nice and easy access to tourist locations
Liked least: Need a light or reflected tape on the speed down by by front door entry way going to the sitting area.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Jul 13, 2015
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. The house has everything we thought vacationers might want, pool, jacuzzi, BBQ, firepit, pool table, foosball table, etc. We have also outfitted it with high quality appliances. With beds for so many people, it is crucial to have the largest top-of-the-line laundry machines available.

BGraebs
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed June 17, 2015 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

This house was awesome. We loved the game room, the pool, the plentiful bedroom space, and the dining table big enough for our whole family. The view is actually inland, not toward the water, looking back at hilltop shopping centers. And the house is high up on a hill right above the freeway, so there is a constant hum from cars down in the valley. We did not mind these things and we loved the house, but they're important to know for people considering renting. Overall, we loved this place!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jul 13, 2015
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. In the property description, I state that the view is of the Cuyamaca Mountains. It is an incredible view, particularly during sunrise, and often in the evening as well.

Laceyhawk
“Great venue for our family reunion”
Reviewed April 14, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

Beautiful property in fabulous surroundings , ten minutes drive from La Jolla with its’ stunning beaches and good restaurants. We loved the one that Laura reccommended to us and had a delicious meal there overlooking the beach and watching the gorgeous sunset. We ate early with the children and the staff were delightful and very child friendly.
The best feature of the property for us was the great pool which the children loved swimming in with us all and the jacussi and fire pit which the adults took advantage of when the children were in bed. The property was well equipped with kitchen utensils, washing facilities and towels and beach towels.
The only thing we would like to see remedied is the lack of fence around the garden where there is a steep drop and could lead to a nasty accident if someone was not cautious with their children.
We would certainly use this property again in the future and have reccommended it to friends.

Liked best: Tjhe pool facilities
Liked least: The lack of fencing around garden as there was a steep drop.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 13, 2015
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and the activities I suggested. Thanks so much for your time and effort in leaving a review. I really appreciate it.
gmabettyv...
Deer Park, New York
“Fantastic Family Fun”
Reviewed January 22, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

There were 11 of us for most of the stay, with 2 more surprise guests at the end. My son & grandsons live nearby, so most evenings there were 11-16 people and it never felt crowded. This house is perfect for entertaining large groups. We all sat around the large dining table to eat and play games. The kids ages 12-20, loved the pool table, and spent lots of time there, including multi-generation games. What fun it was to have kids, parents and grandparents together. The master bedroom was beautiful and enormous-what a treat!
The kitchen was well stocked for large groups. There were plenty of house and pool towels. The washer and dryer were great. Laura, the owner, is pleasant and very accommodating. The location was fantastic, close to all roads leading to popular sightseeing areas. I highly recommend San Diego Zoo, Midway Museum and nearby Seaport Village. There is a small super casual(paper plates) breakfast restaurant in Pacific Beach called Konos. You can eat outside over looking the beach. The food is fantastic. There is often a line, but it goes fast, and is worth the wait. Mt. Soledad Memorial is just blocks away. It is a must see for the moving tributes, and especially the view. Stop by La Jolla Cove to see the sea lions, and shop on Prospect St in La Jolla for great local made gifts. Loved this place and love San Diego!

Liked best: Size and amenities
Liked least: Pool was too cold
Friends getaway Older travelers
Mar 24, 2015
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I really appreciate it.
Laura
Joe F
New York City, New York
“Excellent property”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Our extended family thoroughly enjoyed staying at this property. It is well laid out and maintained. Laura is very responsive to questions about the property and recommendations in the area. The pool area is set up to entertain all.

Thanks.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Aug 4, 2014
Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 16, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Aug 4, 2014
Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.
Laura
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing