“A quiet, friendly, gem in La Jolla Village”
Review of My Place Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
My Place Bistro
Cuisines: French
Seattle
“A quiet, friendly, gem in La Jolla Village”
Reviewed January 18, 2010

My wife and I recently happend upon My Place at lunchtime while strolling La Jolla Village and loved the French bistro food, the friendly service, and the lively yet not raucous atmosphere. I had a wonderful entre salad and my wife had a delicious soup and salad combo.

We ended up returning there for dinner the following night and were even more impressed. The service was just as friendly and efficient, the small (I think around a dozen tables) place was full of people from all over having a lovely time, and the food was wonderful. We split an order of better than usual calimari, and I had a delicious chicken Provencal, while she really enjoyed a shrimp and scallop salad. The chocolate mousse dessert was complemented wonderfully by good espresso.

Not the most trendy or currently hip of the La Jolla scene, but you shouldn't miss My Place!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“New owner turned this place into one of the best stops in La Jolla.”
Reviewed July 3, 2008

New owner turned this place into one of the best stops in La Jolla.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I have eaten here a few...”
Reviewed January 20, 2008

I have eaten here a few times and it's been hit or miss. In general it was pretty good food and awesome creme brule! The mushroom pasta was way too heavy, though, and I could barely eat it. Other than that, I like it.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“a good place to try escargot! the rest of their menu is more "normal" and the food is really well prepared.”
Reviewed November 25, 2007

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
La Jolla, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly, great food”
Reviewed September 15, 2005

Have eaten here twice. Very nice wind list and very good food. It's got wonderful, friendly staff who are very helpful. The mussels are great, some of the largest I've ever had. This is a gem to find in La Jolla.

1 Thank lizeller1