“Adorable litte break from reality”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
St. Tropez Bistro, Cafe, and Wine Bar
Ranked #228 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I love St. Tropez! I've been here several times in the last few months and I haven't had a single bad experience.

It's located in a strip mall in the UTC neighborhood. Some say the parking can be a bit tight, but I've never had a problem (and I have an SUV). It's a popular spot for weekend brunch as well. I've never been there in the evening, though I would like to. I believe the hours are 7am - 7pm. It's a casual place with both indoor and outdoor seating. Not a ton of tables, but you don't feel as though you're sitting on top of anyone either. I find it to be a charming ambiance, you could go with friends, family, a date, or with your kids easily.

My review is based on the brunch/lunch experiences I've had there. First off, their coffee is good. But more importantly- they have bottomless mimosas for $7 and they aren't the terrible variety you normally get, especially when they're bottomless. Mmm so good! Their pastries always look delicious, but I'm always too full to have any dessert.

They have absolutely fantastic crepe dishes (sweet or savory) and your standard breakfast fares with a bit of flair. The fresh toast is delicious, and I've had a crepe filled with ham and eggs that was exactly what I wanted. Last time I had a panini that was one of the best paninis I've ever had. You never feel rushed to get out of there and no one pressures you to get up so they can turn over the table. Great, friendly service! It's such a relaxing experience.

1  Thank HaileyT