“Fantastic Birthday!”

George's at the Cove
Ranked #22 of 1,079 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ivanhoe
Description: Georges at the Cove is a renowned oceanfront dining destination with one of the most breathtaking coastal views in Southern California. Located in the heart of La Jolla, we celebrate the best of San Diego’s distinct lifestyle with relaxed indoor/outdoor environments and menus that showcase seasonal, local ingredients in fresh, simple preparations. Perfectly prepared grass-fed burgers. A delicious array of fish, seafood and vegetarian dishes. House made desserts by pastry chef Aly Lang. All complemented by an inventive selection of locally-inspired cocktails and an elevated wine list. Planning an event? Our private, newly renovated Lower Level is the ideal space for group events, large and small, from rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions to birthday and anniversary celebrations, and corporate functions. With a range of menu options created by acclaimed chef/partner Trey Foshee and his team, an unparalleled setting, and a commitment to flawless execution.
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

I took my parents and husband to George's for my husband's birthday. We tried two appetizers, Rhone, Sauvignon Blanc, champagne, a Bloody Mary, four different entrees, and dessert. They were all fantastic! We can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed September 7, 2016

We splurged and took our family here for dinner. The calamari was great and our kids insisted we order the Octopus it was very good. If you can sit outside the view is stunning- Try to book close to sunset it will be a dinner to remember

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2016

The La Jolla experience is not complete without lunch or sunset dinner on the Terrace overlooking the blue Pacific. The food takes a back seat to the view, but it shouldn't, because it's outstanding. Serious gourmets should move inside and try the 8 course tasting menu. Reservations recommended. Afterwards, stroll the trendy shops and wind down to Scripps Park. Check out the sea lions at the Children's pool, and the snorkelers at La Jolla cove. Maybe take a dip yourself and swim with the sharks (non biting variety.)
Voila!

Reviewed September 7, 2016

Overlooking the water with great food and wonderful, outstanding service, this is a must stop when you're in San Diego. Watch the sun sink below the horizon and enjoy a great restaurant.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

This is a review for George's at the Cove's Ocean Terrace (top floor -- open air seating). There are actually three levels to George's that all function somewhat separately (more info below). We reserved well in advance for our party of eight and were rewarded with a spectacular table location and gorgeous views of the cove. We all started to browse the menus immediately after being seated as more than half of us had never been to George's before. It soon became evident that many of us had been given different menus -- apparently some of the second floor menus were accidentally mixed in with our third floor menus. I was very disappointed as I had already picked out a cocktail and the server kindly informed me that my cocktail was only available on the second floor. I was a bit temped to run down to the bar on the second floor, obtain my cocktail, and then walk it back up! We all chose "third floor" cocktails and then decided to order many small plates to share. I was excited to try George's famous soup but, though many people at our table loved it, I didn't care for it. I particularly enjoyed the stuffed dates, hamachi, and octopus. They were also kind enough to split our fish taco orders onto individual plates so we could each have our own portion. We finished the meal with the warm chocolate cake, toffee layer cake, and chocolate mousse. The mint ice cream accompanying the chocolate cake was way too minty -- no one at our table cared for it. The toffe cake was good and the mousse was outstanding. All in all, I enjoyed the food, wine, and the cocktails. However,we paid fine dining prices for more of a mid-range food and drink experience. Just know, when you go to Ocean Terrace you are paying premium prices for the view. I would go back, but probably just to take out-of-town guests.

1  Thank Anchored