“Fantastic dinner spot on the main strip”

NINE-TEN Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
NINE-TEN Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,237 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Girard
Description: An ongoing commitment to innovative cuisine using only the freshest local produce makes NINE-TEN a must visit for culinary aficionados. This intimate restaurant, led by Executive Chef Jason Knibb and Pastry Chef Jose Alonzo III, offers the perfect combination of sophistication and casual elegance and an ideal location along La Jolla's Prospect Street. Enjoy the best of the harvest from local artisan farmers, where produce is selected daily for the restaurant's Evolving California Cuisine. The bounty of the sea is also featured with local fish selections and items arriving daily from Hawaii and the North Pacific and Atlantic regions. Special prix fixe menus are available and feature matching wines from the extensive wine cellar. Enjoy dining indoors or on the sidewalk patio or outdoor terrace with glimpses of the ocean. A separate bar offers limited menu and happy hour specials daily. Open daily for breakfast and lunch and dinner nightly. Sunday Brunch is also offered.
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic dinner spot on the main strip”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

What a fantastic experience in La Jolla! The wine list is extensive, and the zinfandel I selected from the glass menu was great. I started with the sous-vide egg appetizer, and I think I could've devoured a full dozen of these, with a perfect mix of the egg, mushrooms, pork, and vinaigrette with frisee. I chose the duck for an entree, and couldn't have been more satisfied. Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2013

Coal Township, PA
“Incredible from start to finish!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Wow!! What a wonderful restaurant, from the hostess, to the service, to the menu to the food, not one bad thing to say (except I wish I lived there to go more often). I had the octopus appetizer, my husband had the dungeness crab and shrimp salad AMAZING! Both were superb, well cooked and flavorful. For entree's we had the lamb loin and the scallops...preparation was excellent. Flavor, flavor, flavor. The wine list was long with an array of price points and even some oddities. If you are looking for a wonderful, unique dining experience and aren't afraid to spend a little more...this is it!

La Jolla, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent scallops - pricy”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had scallops and cod, both quite pricy at $33-$34 and portions were quite small, but delicious. We chose to eat in the bar and have only the entree and no appetizers. Delicious sauce and vegetables. To get the whole experience - and enough food - you need to order a lot and spend a lot.

Vancouver, Canada
“Good Place for Date Night”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Except for the couple next to us who left before finishing their martinis or food, (at least they left - they were giving off pretty awful vibes!) ... everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves.

We visited for my husband's birthday on the first night of our vacation in LaJolla. The place is nice, rather grown up, if a little sedate. It's what you would expect from a high end restaurant located in a hotel. The food is creative, well presented, with a nice selection of seasonal choices. I'd recommend it and I'd be pleased go back any time.

It would be nice if tripadvisor could merge the reviews for the restaurant "910" since we assume they are for the same restaurant.....

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Don't know how this is voted best burger....”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had lunch here after hearing its burger was rated "best" in San Diego for years running. I was not impressed. I didn't even think the burger was good, let alone the best of anything. We arrived at noon on Friday during the holidays and were the only ones in the restaurant. This certainly isn't a happening lunch spot. The fries were great though, especially the truffle version my husband ordered. I really can't tell you much more than the burger's not great though, since that's all we had. The service was ok and the restaurant is nice--neither are anything special though.