“Don't know how this is voted best burger....”

NINE-TEN Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
NINE-TEN Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Girard
Description: An ongoing commitment to innovative cuisine using only the freshest local produce makes NINE-TEN a must visit for culinary aficionados. This intimate restaurant, led by Executive Chef Jason Knibb and Pastry Chef Jose Alonzo III, offers the perfect combination of sophistication and casual elegance and an ideal location along La Jolla's Prospect Street. Enjoy the best of the harvest from local artisan farmers, where produce is selected daily for the restaurant's Evolving California Cuisine. The bounty of the sea is also featured with local fish selections and items arriving daily from Hawaii and the North Pacific and Atlantic regions. Special prix fixe menus are available and feature matching wines from the extensive wine cellar. Enjoy dining indoors or on the sidewalk patio or outdoor terrace with glimpses of the ocean. A separate bar offers limited menu and happy hour specials daily. Open daily for breakfast and lunch and dinner nightly. Sunday Brunch is also offered.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had lunch here after hearing its burger was rated "best" in San Diego for years running. I was not impressed. I didn't even think the burger was good, let alone the best of anything. We arrived at noon on Friday during the holidays and were the only ones in the restaurant. This certainly isn't a happening lunch spot. The fries were great though, especially the truffle version my husband ordered. I really can't tell you much more than the burger's not great though, since that's all we had. The service was ok and the restaurant is nice--neither are anything special though.

There are newer reviews for NINE-TEN Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed January 1, 2013

If you order the tuna tartare off of the bar menu you should know that for $14 you will get a teaspoon (not exaggerating) sized dollop of tartare, and a couple of 1/4 inch pieces of tuna. If you're surprised please don't mention it to the server as she might disappear for the rest of your meal and you will not get another drink or anything else for the rest of the evening.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

A word about my reviews. I review high end restaurants against similar restaurants and diners against diners. I review venues for what they are; not what they aren't. This restaurant receives rave reviews for a good reason. Everything...and I mean everything about the meal was near perfect. Explosions of creative flavor coupled with great service makes for a very fine dining experience. The best parts of the meal? The amuse bouche of parmesan crouton with parmesan melt on top made our eyes pop open. The appetizers were both delicious and artfully displayed. I don't get to La Jolla often; but, I will definitely want to eat there again.

1  Thank baysail
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I have been coming to La Jolla for ten years to celebrate my birthday and now our anniversary..they are on the same day!!! We always eat at Nine Ten and have the Mercy of the Chef dinner. I have food allergies and they have always been lovely about altering the menu for me. Chef Jason Knibb is amazing!!! We have NEVER had anything but a fantastic meal and service and wine!!! This is one of out top restaurants in the world!!! We also love the hotel.. We have had breakfast, lunch and other dinners and have never been dissappointed. Chef Jason has always been kind and his staff is excellent. He is a very creative chef, and we have eaten dishes that we would never have ordered and loved them all!!!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband and I were there for a date night and had a wonderful overall experience. Great service, excellent food, nice ambience, everything was fabulous.