“Modern Bistro Atmosphere with Great Food”

NINE-TEN Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
NINE-TEN Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Girard
Description: An ongoing commitment to innovative cuisine using only the freshest local produce makes NINE-TEN a must visit for culinary aficionados. This intimate restaurant, led by Executive Chef Jason Knibb and Pastry Chef Jose Alonzo III, offers the perfect combination of sophistication and casual elegance and an ideal location along La Jolla's Prospect Street. Enjoy the best of the harvest from local artisan farmers, where produce is selected daily for the restaurant's Evolving California Cuisine. The bounty of the sea is also featured with local fish selections and items arriving daily from Hawaii and the North Pacific and Atlantic regions. Special prix fixe menus are available and feature matching wines from the extensive wine cellar. Enjoy dining indoors or on the sidewalk patio or outdoor terrace with glimpses of the ocean. A separate bar offers limited menu and happy hour specials daily. Open daily for breakfast and lunch and dinner nightly. Sunday Brunch is also offered.
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I like a good drink and great food and this restaurant provided both. The atmosphere is very contemporary which was surpising because it's in one of the oldest hotels in the city, but they have bridged the gap between beautiful old historical and modern very well. I loved the sald with figs. Entrees were very good, using seasonal ingredients and fresh everything. Tables not too close, so you have some intimacy. Overall very nice place, reasonable prices for the food we had and we'd return again.

1  Thank JanBSoCal
There are newer reviews for NINE-TEN Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We wanted to have a good dinner and fun the last night in California. We found Nine-Ten on Trip Advisor and arrived with no reservations. No problem on a Thursday night. The food was excellent and our food allergies were catered to. The atmosphere was fun and the service was impeccable. We would recommend the restaurant to all.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

All I know is I love good food and after eating at Nine-Ten, me and my family are smitten. I don't feel my vacation is complete if I did not have a wonderful, gastronomical experience at a good restaurant. Thank you Nine-Ten for meeting my expectation. Thank you that you have made available "Kids Meal" in your menu. My recent dinner was so very special there because I was able to share the experience with my two children as well. My husband and I are not strangers to dining out at expensive restaurants, but our children are more familiar with fast foods, and chain restaurants like Kabuki, Olive Garden and the likes. They now understand what fine dining means. Our dinner was so wonderful, we decided to have breakfast there as well.
- We chose to eat outside where we had a peek-a-boo view of the ocean and experienced the pleasant California weather. It was perfect. Nine Ten ambiance is subdued, very simple but classy.
- Our waiter was attentive, warm and pleasant. He gave us good recommendations and described the dishes very well. The rest of the waiting staff provided the service you would expect at a good restaurant.
- The price I felt was very reasonable. I expected our bill to be much more expensive and was pleasantly surprised.
- All four of us loved our food, from the main entree to dessert. My 7 year old son ordered pasta from the kids menu. He took his first bite and said "Yummy". He is our picky eater. My older son decided on the Rabit and enjoyed his meal. It was delicious, very soft and moist. Who knew we would all like Rabit? My husband and I decided on their 3 course meal with wine pairing (he had steak, I had short rib). Overall, each dish we rated 10.

Breakfast? It was the best breakfast I've had in a long time. We are definitely coming back. I told my husband, I am willing to take the long two hour drive to La Jolla just to dine here.

1  Thank thedreamvacation
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I can't believe it's been ten years and this Restaurant still thrills and surprises! Chef Knibb is definitely putting forth some of the finest food anywhere. It's always amazing that any dining establishment could remain relevant let alone a gastronomic experience!

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I truly enjoyed my visit to Nine Ten. This is food is better than the atmosphere (which is nice!). The restaurants in La Jolla Cove are very pricey, but I thought this restaurant offered much for the price. Danielle, our server was so kind and very efficient. She made the evening very enjoyable, giving us several "inside" tips on the town of La Jolla.
Food was awesome, give this place a try....but bring plenty of $$$.