“Tasty”

The Shores Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Shores Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Avenida de la Playa
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had two breakfasts, one dinner and some great cocktails. Service was quick and food was tasty! The view was great and each time we ate we had window side seats. Would recommend to both couples and families as a great place to eat!

There are newer reviews for The Shores Restaurant

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Shores is located in a hotel and to be perfectly honest, I wasn't impressed when we pulled up. However, what a pleasant surprise when we walked into the property. It is a lovely beach front hotel. The restaurant had a great menu. We ate lunch here for our wedding anniversary. We had terrace seating, which I strongly recommend as it is literally beach front! The view is spectacular. The food was very good. I had the flat iron steak and it was very tastey and tender! I definitely recommend this restaurant for its food, service, and location.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband & I spent Labor Day at La Jolla Shores on the beach in front of the La Jolla Shores Hotel. We dined on the open-air patio, arriving at the tail end of the breakfast menu at 11:15 - the lunch menu started at 11:30. Honestly, both menus looked delicious, but we opted for lunch. I had a Bloody Mary which was very good. For lunch, I had the Tuna Salad Sandwich with apples & walnuts. My husband had the Angus Beef Burger with smoked cheddar, grilled onion & aioli. We both opted for onion rings. The entrees were both excellent, but the onion rings were soggy and disappointing. We came here more for the gorgeous dining spot than the food, so all was good. Dress can be casual (I had shorts & t-shirt over a swimsuit.) Service was very good.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Even if you don't stay at La Jolla Shores, this restaurant is definitely worth a visit. Ambiance abounds as soon as you step thru the door and a delicous meal awaits you. Great service and those breathtaking views will make this a meal to remember. The only way to get closer to the ocean is to take a few steps outside.
Only downside--parking can be a bit of a problem.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The same family has owned this restaurant and hotel for years and they have kept this charming "sweet spot" almost perfectly preserved! The high number of people to the area seems to "The Shores" grows astronomically year after year, the location is gorgeous and near and dear to many hearts. The food here, we believe is a 90 which is hard to come by along with the great value and drop dead beautiful location! The Crispy Skin Salmon I believed was incredible, but the real pleasure was the creme fraiche, pine nut froth in the bed of Brussel Sprouts... wow such a surprise! My fiancee had the Applewood Smoked Rack of Lamb, he loved the Apricot-Cherry relish! A great night out with either your date or family! We can't wait to go back!