“It was OK”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My daughter loved her tilapia, my scallops were sandy and crunchy (not supposed to be) my husband's salad was so - so. All in all could have been a bigger hit. Nice place though

There are newer reviews for The Spot

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We decide to go here because they had something my 4 year old would eat (listed on the menu posted outside) despite the fact that it was nearly empty during lunch hour. (My husband assumes empty places must not be very good...) But all 3 of us really enjoyed our lunches a LOT. The service was great and the drinks were lovely too! I highly recommend!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Everyone in our group enjoyed our last night, laid back basic tasty American grill fare.
Burgers, Chicago-style pizzas and thin crust too, flatbreads,
Great Fries, they bragged there's are the best in San Diego.
Seems like a good place for kids to.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great food at a great price. The Spot is a low-key place that we enjoy. We have been several times and it has yet to disapoint. The food is always fresh and delicious.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stopped in for a drink and decided to have a few appetizers, we had the spicy chorizo potato skins and the fried calamari, both were excellent! When we left we saw the sign for $28.95 for 1 1/4 lobster, with soup or salad, 2 sides and bread pudding! Went back a couple of nights later for the lobster special, it was great! Was the best bread pudding I ever had with a brandy sauce!