“just arrived San Diego”

Ranked #4 of 1,237 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Over 24 years ago, we stumbled onto a sleepy little restaurant called the Cottage La Jolla. The restaurant was a local hangout and had a reputation for delicious food and friendly, personal service. Since 1992, our business has exploded, and in late 2009 we finished a complete renovation of the restaurant. Improvements include a handicap lift & restrooms, expanded kitchen & a fresh, new look. What hasn't changed is our passion for serving tasty, classic American & Southern California influenced food. We are also proud of the many servers, bussers and cooks that have been with us for years & years. We are often asked how we are able to operate two restaurants on different coasts, and our response is, "It's all about the people." Please take a moment to say hello to our Manager, Michael Harrison, on your next visit. Welcome to the Cottage!
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Awesome restaurant! Great service, great presentation...wonderful experience. Told everyone about it as people asked us for a recommendation as we visited the beach area. Enjoy!

1  Thank Chewy385
Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Got there at like Brunch time but they are well known for Breakfast. Even knowing that we still ordered lunch. We decided to share the Crispy Goat Cheese Polenta and were we in for a treat.
One wasn't enough so we ordered another. I wished then that I could have had a lunch portion!
I had Maui Tacos -good but wasn't as good as the polenta

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Not happy with our hotel's breakfast offerings, we walked down the street to the cottage every morning during our stay in La Jolla. We were a large group and everyone enjoyed their meals--pancakes, omelets, even oatmeal (steel cut). Service was fast and friendly. There is both indoor and outdoor seating. Restaurant was always bustling and crowded.

1  Thank dcnoble
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was our second visit. No matter what time it is you will always have a 45 minute or more wait here. I love their stuffed french toast. I do think the host or manager in charge could manage those waiting with a little more graciousness and tact. We are his customers, after al,l and without us he would not have a job. I don't like to be snapped at or be given the third degree.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We just had breakfast at Cottage restaurant. There was a line of people waiting to be seated when we arrived. Fortunately, they had a table for two and we didn't have to wait. In spite of the fact that the restaurant was packed our waitress was there right away. Almost two minutes later we were already enjoying a delicious cup of coffee and looking through a long menu. I ended up getting banana filled oatmeal pancakes - a fantastic dish, which I also presumed was probably healthy. The portion was very large though. And although all I had was 4 pancakes I would not be able to eat anything else. I have to mention that we observed all staff working very quickly and efficiently. No time was wasted. The service was very timely and courteous. Starting a morning with such a good experience just totally made our day. I would recommend sitting outside. Totally enjoyable!

2  Thank Kalistrat