“What a great find!”

Cody's
Ranked #10 of 1,242 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cody's La Jolla is a casual, all american seaside restaurant. Enjoy a fabulous brunch on our ocean view patio with friends while sipping one of our famous champagne spritzers. Known for our french toast, benedicts, lobster roll and fish and chips, Cody's has built a loyal following of locals and tourists alike. Visit us today to experience for yourself!
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I decided on Cody's after walking past in once and then moving along around La Jolla to see if I could findi something better. There was nothing I could find with the atmosphere that Cody's has. It is quaint, welcoming and has a very good view of the Pacific. My server brought a cute bottle of water with glass (similar to what they do in Italy) and then the diet coke came in a mason jar with a big lemon wedge. I couldn't decide what to order, french toast, salad....I decided on crab cake benedict. It was amazing! The crab cakes alone were good but put it with the egg and avocado! WOW! The potatoes were okay, just not my thing. The rest of the meal was so filling that I didn't need potatoes. This is a great place to relax, have a great meal and watch the people of La Jolla and the water. I will go again.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was our third vist to Cody's and it was as great as we remembered . We have a hard time
figuring out what to order because we love the Burger, Lobster Roll,French Toast,Calmari and
the Beet Salad. So we end up over ordering and end up with a mini Buffet. The View is wonderful
and has a cool Beach feel. The whole staff is always the same and the seem to remember you.
This is a must place to go while you are inLa jolla , We travel from Palm Springs just to go here !

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We went here based on Trip Advisor's reviews and it didn't dissappoint us. Really tasty food, we ate the chilaquiles and their famous french toast, both great options. A little pricey maybe, but it has a good location almost in front of the park.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Cute place, friendly service, great value, and great food! Kids ordered cheeseburger and fish n chips, which looked and tasted great. I ordered fried calamari appetizer. Wow huge calamari! We left happy!

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Cody's is located right smack dab in the middle the downtown San Diego. Its on a steep hill overlooking the salty ocean and towering palm trees. Cody's has indoor and outdoor seating on the small property. I sat outside on a warm, humid, yet cloudy day. Multiple umbrellas keep guests covered from the usual sweltering sun. We waited for a maximum of 5 minutes before being seated at the casual and cozy tables. The menu includes choices from seafood (fish & chips, crab cakes, etc), burgers, breakfast (pancakes* and french toast), and sandwiches. I indulged in the french toast and have no regrets! It was like a warm, moist cinnamon roll (but not quite a cinnamon-y taste) with sliced strawberries and crunchy walnuts. The vibe I received from Cody's restaurant was beach, laid back, unique and had a DIY feel. Our pink lemonades arrived in mason jars, the syrup came in petite buckets and on the benches at tables against the walls were decorated with pillows. I loved my experience at Cody's and the food was amazing! The only reason I would not give this San Diego lunch stop five stars are the curious birds hopping around your feet coming close to people's tables. Also, if seated outside there could be flies swooping around your meal. Otherwise, I definitely recommend Cody's and hope to return soon!