“Excellent food and great view”
Review of Cody's

Cody's
Ranked #20 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cody's La Jolla is a casual, all american seaside restaurant. Enjoy a fabulous brunch on our ocean view patio with friends while sipping one of our famous champagne spritzers. Known for our french toast, benedicts, lobster roll and fish and chips, Cody's has built a loyal following of locals and tourists alike. Visit us today to experience for yourself!
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We ate here for the first time based on standing across the street, thinking it looked like a fun place, and then checking the Trip Advisor ratings. Our food was delicious: grilled mahi tacos. We sat outside with an ocean view. Inside is a great fire place with a basket of fleece throws available to use as a wrap. We took these to keep warm outside. I returned 2 days later with my husband, and although there was a long line on Saturday, we didn't wait too long, and were rewarded with friendly service, the same excellent tacos and a wonderful local pilsner and a pomegranate mimosa. This is a must spot to visit in La Jolla.

1  Thank Suzanne C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I dined here after it was recommended by a friend who has been living in the San Diego area for years. Needless to say, we were not disappointed. They serve most breakfast items all day, but anything you order here is going to taste amazing. Inside is comfortable, but outside is the place to be with amazing sunshine and a cool breeze while you watch a peekaboo view of the ocean.

It was so good the first time, we had to come back for a second bite before going back home. We love how many fantastic restaurants are in San Diego, but this is one place I will always come back to when visiting. The price is right, the atmosphere is great, and the food is divine! One thing you have to try at least once is the French Toast. Absurdly good, and that is coming from a French Toast snob. Just sayin'

1  Thank paul7atc
Reviewed February 24, 2014

went here yesterday, had the grits and breakfast salad, it was really good! the blackberry spritzer was a great brunch drink as well. i have to say, i'm not used to waiting so long for a brunch place, good as it is. there seems to be a lot of hype surrounding this place, and while i'd definitely return it'd have to be on a weekday.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Another Trip Advisor homerun. We ate here only because of the reviews. Very large portions, great coffee, nice view. My only negative would be the price.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stumbled across this cute little restaurant while we were visiting La Jolla for the afternoon. It was the greatest little surprise we loved loved loved the food and drinks. The atmosphere is super relaxed and chilled out. I had the Corn Crab Chowder and honestly it was one of the best things I have ever eaten. My daughter order the French toast and it was a great spin on the all time classic. I also had the sparkling White Wine Sangria and it was delicious. I will drive to La Jolla all the way from my house in Vancouver Canada just to have that food and drink again.

1  Thank munecap