“Eggs Benedict!”

Cody's
Ranked #9 of 1,239 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cody's La Jolla is a casual, all american seaside restaurant. Enjoy a fabulous brunch on our ocean view patio with friends while sipping one of our famous champagne spritzers. Known for our french toast, benedicts, lobster roll and fish and chips, Cody's has built a loyal following of locals and tourists alike. Visit us today to experience for yourself!
Reviewed December 6, 2013

So glad that we used our navigation to find this delightful breakfast spot!
I love Eggs Benedict so I was excited to read the good reviews. We ate outside in the courtyard
and it was very pleasant. The view was very nice!

There are newer reviews for Cody's

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We had brunch here on Sunday, Dec. 1. The day was beautiful (sunny and 70 degrees) and the wait was only about five minutes at 11:30 a.m. Very nice, cozy atmosphere with great views on the front patio. We had been advise earlier to order the French toast and lobster roll. I went for the toast and my husband ordered the lobster. Both were excellent. The toast comes with candied walnuts and fresh strawberries. It also comes with syrup, but the dish is so good it doesn't need any extra sweetener. The challah bread is light, fluffy and perfect. The lobster roll is full of chunks of fresh lobster meat surrounded by a wonderful loaf of fresh bread. We also had the best bread pudding I have ever had. The great food and atmosphere were topped off by wonderful service and friendly staff. In other words, we'll be back.

1  Thank Cindy W
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Walked to Cody's for breakfast this morning. Small but quaint place. Inside and outside seating. They serve breakfast and lunch only but serve both from opening to closing so everyone can get what they want. We had traditional breakfast and Egg Benedict. Both were good but we think the Coffee Cup has a better breakfast. I wouldn't hesitate to go back though.

3  Thank Cindy2468
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were visiting from Vancouver, BC the week of Nov 17, 2013 and I had their lobster roll. To. Die. For. I still can't stop thinking about it. Meaty chunks of lobster on top of some type of rectangular shaped sweet bread, and got a side salad and fries to boot. Ordered my son the chicken strips thinking it was just your run-of-the-mill chicken strips you get everywhere else that's greasy and unhealthy for you, but actually it was white breast meat and delicious and doesn't appear to be deep fried at all. Will eat here again on the next visit. Delicious!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great service and the French toast was quite good. If you do not like gravy that is on the sweet side do not order it because you will be disappointed. Get there early as they seem to be quite the hot spot and by 10:00 or 10:30 there is quite the wait. would eat there again.