“Nothing special.”

La Dolce Vita
Ranked #62 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boca Raton, Florida
“Nothing special.”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I thought this restaurant was very average and no reason to rush back. It was Hardly memorable with very average food and little atmosphere. Nice area around the restaurant, but I think if I went back to that area I would explore other restaurants. I can't say anything particularly bad about anything specific, but also can't say anything particularly good either.

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
La Jolla, California
“Homestyle Italian”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great if you want traditional food but not nouveau cuisine, with music on weekends. The pizzas are pretty good but stay away from the butternut squash ravioli, unless you don't mind it tasting almost like desert,

Visited February 2013
“Excellent ravioli”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I split the ravioli de mare and it was excellent!! It was my favorite meal during my week stay in San Diego. The only downfall I could find was the smell in the area due to the seals and birds on the coast. However I was in the area to see the seals so if I have to put up with the smell to see them I will!

“Great hidden gem”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

It's a bit off the beaten path, but a great place with excellent food. The bread is like crack....we stuffed our faces with warm homemade goodness dipped in olive oil/sundried tomato mix. The marinara sauce tasted heavily of fresh tomatoes & basil, as it should. Good service, although we were practically the only customers at lunch so that was probably the factor. It's a great value due to no view - reasonably priced fare in an area with restaurants with astronomical prices. If you're looking for a good meal that won't break the bank, skip the pricey places with a view and go here!

NJ
“Great Find”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

After a short trip to the coast for the seals and sunset we needed to eat... We just parked and walked up the street where we found La Dolce Vita. The staff was great with our group (7) and set up a table in a semi private room. We drank wine from the owners private vineyard and ate great homemade food. We would certainly return next time we are in town!

Visited July 2012