“quick -- I needed to contribute a dessert”

Michele Coulon Dessertier
Ranked #12 of 54 Dessert in La Jolla
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
La Jolla, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“quick -- I needed to contribute a dessert”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I love the many desserts that Michelle Coulon has on display at any moment. They are as delicious as they are beautiful. And, my friends appreciate my bringing an assortment along with me to complete a beautiful meal.

Visited March 2013

San Diego, California
“A Gem!”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Ordered Buche de Noel here and it was the star of the Holiday Dinner amongst some snarly food Snobs. Absolutely delicious! Super cute little place and the custom cakes are off the hook!

California
“Best wedding cake anywhere”
Reviewed July 1, 2008

Michelle Coulon's wedding cakes are the best. You can taste the organic, made from scatch, goodness in every bite. My husband and I, along with every single guest at our wedding can't stop talking about how amazing the cake looked and tasted. Go to the shop and taste it for yourselves. There is no way you'll go with any other wedding cakes after you have tasted Michelle Coulon's. It is definitely worth the price!

A TripAdvisor Member
“Belgian Country Ambience”
Reviewed September 21, 2005

If you only have one night in La Jolla, this is THE place to dine. The Poulet Normand is extraordinary. The cozy feel and superb California wine selection help provide an experience second to none. Make sure you set aside a couple of hours to enjoy all of the courses. After the most incredible dessert, Gateau Aileen (a spongecake filled with fresh berries), the chef personally thanked us and spoke with us about our travels. Best dining in San Diego, period.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member