“Sitting outdoors around a fire pit at Roppongi in La Jolla”
Review of Roppongi - CLOSED

Roppongi
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fay
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This restaurant exceeded my expectations by a mile. The food was not only unique, it was delicious and impossible not to devour. My group of 12 diners sat outdoors around a fire pit and enjoyed each course to its fullest. The inside tables were packed, so be sure to call for a reservation since this restaurant is extremely popular.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were lured here by friends who like cheap happy hours, so it is probably good for that. Who eats dinner at five o'clock? For dinner it was laughable. Service was slow in general, and it seemed to take forever for everything. They were not really very crowded, so there was no excuse. They brought my lamb chops before my salad, which was really irritating, but the way it was handled was insulting. People make mistakes, but it is the way mistakes are handled that separate great places from mediocre places. The server insisted that I did not order a salad, that she was right, and that I pretty much had to eat the food. I was too tired to arguing, so I just skipped my salad. (Of course now it is 5am and I woke up hungry. Good time to write a review.) Then, after all this aggravation, the chops that I order medium rare were not even pink in the center. But the best part of all, is much I over-paid for this nonsense. I would NEVER go back here!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Go here...The apps are AMAZING. No need to eat dinner. Order the onion rings. To die for. The price is right...the service is good and the sushi oh so fresh.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We dine here frequently pre-concerts & have always had a lovely dinner. We enjoy sharing the tapas such as quinoa cakes, scallops, and other delicious appetizers, Our servers are bright, friendly, well versed on the menu & always make our experience even better.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

A friend of ours suggest my husband and I try eating here for our date night. I was really looking forward to this place, but wasn't all that impressed. The place was really pretty inside and very romantic, however I felt that the food was overpriced and just average in taste- it was nothing over the top. I didn't leave thinking, "wow that was so good, can't wait to come back" I just kept thinking, "Damn, our go-to sushi place by the house would have been yummier". We ordered 1 beer, 1 cocktail, Appetizer was Lemongrass Chicken and we got three of the 4 optioned speciality sushi rolls and it was $80
We will NOT be going back :(