“Average with guac”

Su Casa
Ranked #72 of 1,242 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Su Casa is an authentic, friendly, family oriented restaurant that has been a pioneer in gourmet Mexican and Seafood specialties for 45 years. Su Casa has received eight gold medal awards for food excellence
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We went here on a Sunday for apps and drinks. The margaritas were moderately priced. The guac was great! They came to the table and made it right in front of you.

The service was good. The restaurant itself was clean.

I would say it was just an average mexican restaurant. However, we didn't eat a meal so this review doesn't include how the rest of menu was.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have only eaten here a few times, but our most recent meal was delicious. Large plate of Fajitas, a delicious shrimp dish, and table side guacamole made for an amazing, well priced dinner

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Su Casa is one of those restaurants I would go back to again and again. The decor inside is cosy. We sat by the fireplace, and had a most wonderful time. Guacamole is made fresh by the server at your tableside. Their crab enchiladas were excellent. The rice and beans were adequate, not superb, but the service was prompt and warm. I had a cadillac margarita which was very strong but tasty. The only issue with Su Casa is that they are not in the central part of La Jolla, but it is a wonderful place to eat and is very reasonable in price.

1  Thank baybee63
Reviewed October 3, 2013

It was the only place that was close on the evening we arrived at the Travelodge La Jolla across the street. The building and interior is very dated. The menu was strange for a Mexican food place and the food was not that great and not worth the price charged. Service was slow and our water was not refilled without asking.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have visited this restaurant for years. It never disappoints. Great food, great service, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices.

Be sure to start your meal with their fabulous guacamole and add a margarita. After that, you are on your own. I usually order one of the "specials" since they are tasty and come with all the fixings expected with Mexican food. In all the many, many times I have eaten here, no one in my parties has ever been disappointed with darn near anything.

Su Casa has to be one of the best Mexican food restaurants in the USA!