“Our favorite family restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Su Casa

Su Casa
Ranked #59 of 1,239 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Su Casa is an authentic, friendly, family oriented restaurant that has been a pioneer in gourmet Mexican and Seafood specialties for 45 years. Su Casa has received eight gold medal awards for food excellence
San Diego, California
“Our favorite family restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Su Casa is our neighborhood family Mexican restaurant, and I thought it was about time I gave them some props. We love you, Su Casa! We go there at least twice a month and are never disappointed. The food is Baja traditional (lots of seafood) and delicious, the margaritas are great, and the servers are super friendly and come to say hi to us even when we're not in their area. The food arrives fast and the ambience is cozy. The very best thing from my point of view is the guacamole made table-side to your exact specifications with fresh oranges and limes squeezed into it. My husband loves the "camarones al chipotle" (shrimp with spicy marinade) and my daughter loves the virgin mango margaritas and the quesadillas.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank home74

“Su Casa, La Jolla”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at 5:45 and requested a booth, we had to wait about 10 minutes but that was fine. I got a margarita and my husband got a local beer, they were both great. The chips were crisp and delicious! The salsa well prepared. I ordered the shredded beef flautas and my husband got a shredded beef taco and cheese enchilada. Again, both were very good. The atmosphere was well designed and I liked the fireplaces. We would definitely eat there again.

1 Thank Travelgirlslife
Oregon, Ohio
“Good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Good guac , great margies , and check out the crab chimmies. On our visit ,it was the perfect end to a perfect day.

• Visited October 2012
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Great time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Delicious - the BEST margaritas ever! Sooooo happy to be here -- girls wkd. Just apps and drinks -- we were super loud and no one noticed.

“Fast and Polite Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Our food was cold, quacamole was presented well and tasted good, but that was it. We just had the feeling that all the food had been sitting in the kitchen and then slightly microwaved before service. I had the flautas which were soggy and not crispy fried like they are suppose to be. My husband ate his enchiladas only because he was hungry.

• Visited August 2012