“Inventive and excellent food”
Review of Sushi on the Rock

Sushi on the Rock
Ranked #54 of 1,239 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The quality of the fish speaks for itself at sushi on the rock. My sashimi plate was very good, making me never to want to eat sushi again back home. My Korean ribs were also very good. My sons sumo soup was excellent and my wife's ascot Andy roll was also very good. The bento box meals were all very good. Overall a very good sushi restaurant with good service and price factored in a good value.

There are newer reviews for Sushi on the Rock

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Didn't expect much from this upstairs crowded restaurant. What a surprise. Good wine and excellent food particularly the sashimi. waits are expected during busy times but worth it. Busy atmosphere so don't expect romance.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I'm always a little hesitant when I order sushi, but this was fresh and delicious. I had egg rolls and sashimi. The egg rolls were good, but the sashimi was incredible!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

It was nice to be able to grab some sushi on the go. The service was convenient, quick, and friendly.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stopped in for an early bite and ended up enjoying what because our meal at happy hour. Their happy hour specials are good. We enjoyed some appetizers from the menu as well as a special one not on the menu and both were very good. Also ordered a sushi roll and sashimi and they were good as well. We sat inside because it was a little cooler and windy that day. Atmosphere inside was vibrant. I think outside would have given a nice view of the ocean…so I'd choose that next time if the weather is nice enough.