“All Good”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
rara8698
“All Good”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped in at this restaurant on our recent vacation to SD/La Jolla after reading some great reviews & perusing the menu to see that they had an extensive selection of specialty rolls. We were there around 7:30 on a Sunday evening and were able to get a seat right away without a reservation, which was nice. La Jolla seems to be a pretty sleepy town on a winter Sunday evening, which was fine with us! We ordered the spicy garlic edamame, which was really good and very different from spicy garlic edamame I've had elsewhere. It had an earthier, smokier flavor, while still being pretty spicy. For sushi, we got the Coco Roll, which I highly recommend. It was a nice alternative to the traditional shrimp tempura roll you typically see. If you like coconut shrimp & you like sushi, you will love this roll! We also got the Crunchy Roll, which was a cool play on the shrimp tempura idea. It had a lot of extra "crunchies" all over it, which were really good and just added a nice texture. We shared the Red Dragon Roll as well (do you see a theme of shrimp tempura here?! haha), and I think that one was my favorite. They were all good though - it was hard to choose a fav. My boyfriend got the Screaming Roll for himself (I don't care for soft shell crab) & he said that was his favorite out of all. We had really great service, and sitting outside was nice since they had heaters to keep us warm in the chilly lower 60s degree evening. Food, service, and atmosphere were all great, so I gave this place 5 stars :-)

• Visited February 2014

• Polish first
“Great outdoor seating”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Our family of 7 sat outside for lunch. We had a gorgeous view. The sushi was great. My favorite was "The Don". The kids had fried rice, miso soup, and a bento box. Service was great too.

“Better than average”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed this restaurant, which serves amply-sized portions of California-styled sushi. The edamame was excellent, warm and nicely prepared, which is a real contrast to what we have often found in similar places around the US. The Mexican-influenced spicy sushi and rolls were fun, and although one wonders what a Japanese chef would make of them, we thought they were very tasty!

Visited January 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Good Sushi, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Another solid place in La Jolla. Outdoor seating and next to another restaurant / bar that had live music when we were there. Was nice hearing live music and eating Sushi outdoors on a beautiful Southern California night.

• Visited January 2014
Caliente, CA
“Service was very very slow........”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My wife and I were walking around La Jolla and asked one of the store owners for a sushi recommendation. He suggested Sushi on the Rock so we decided to try it. I can say that the sushi selection was good, the sushi chosen was excellent but after that things go down hill. The service was slow, very slow. With the sushi order that we put in I received all of my selections before my wife even got her first. And there were couples that came in after us that even got some of their selections before any of my wife's arrived. The service did apoligize but that really didn't help. Even if we lived in La Jolla I don't think that we'd return as good service is important and Sushi on the Rock gave marginal service.

• Visited December 2013