“Great outdoor seating”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Our family of 7 sat outside for lunch. We had a gorgeous view. The sushi was great. My favorite was "The Don". The kids had fried rice, miso soup, and a bento box. Service was great too.

There are newer reviews for Sushi on the Rock

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We enjoyed this restaurant, which serves amply-sized portions of California-styled sushi. The edamame was excellent, warm and nicely prepared, which is a real contrast to what we have often found in similar places around the US. The Mexican-influenced spicy sushi and rolls were fun, and although one wonders what a Japanese chef would make of them, we thought they were very tasty!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Another solid place in La Jolla. Outdoor seating and next to another restaurant / bar that had live music when we were there. Was nice hearing live music and eating Sushi outdoors on a beautiful Southern California night.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

My wife and I were walking around La Jolla and asked one of the store owners for a sushi recommendation. He suggested Sushi on the Rock so we decided to try it. I can say that the sushi selection was good, the sushi chosen was excellent but after that things go down hill. The service was slow, very slow. With the sushi order that we put in I received all of my selections before my wife even got her first. And there were couples that came in after us that even got some of their selections before any of my wife's arrived. The service did apoligize but that really didn't help. Even if we lived in La Jolla I don't think that we'd return as good service is important and Sushi on the Rock gave marginal service.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Sushi was fresh and good, nice view but bad service. Our server disappeared more than once, never bothered to check on us for refills and passed by us several times without acknowledging us even after we asked for our check.