“Relaxing Dinner Spot”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

After a long day of meetings, two of my colleagues and I ventured to Sushi on the Rock. The atmosphere was relaxing, and the service was quite good. We got some good recommendations from the waiter, and I ordered the Yellowtail served with avocado (delicious and fresh), and the others ordered the Red Dragon sushi and cleaned their plates! We also shared some pan fried dumplings and spicy calamari, and bother were done well.
This is also a great spot for people-watching, as there were all kinds of folks choosing Sushi on the Rock. My cousin-in-law, Arlene would love this place! I will take my family here on our next trip to La Jolla.
Come in the evening and enjoy the sunset!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Just had a great lunch at this place. We walked 2 miles to get there and it didn't disappoint. We sat out on the patio, which has a nice view overlooking La Jolla, the bar area was also nice. Our waiter was friendly and helpful, advising us on portion sizes. We ordered a sashimi special platter, a spicy tuna roll and a coco roll (coconut crusted shrimp). The coco roll was delicious, definitely one of the best rolls I've had, all of the other items were excellent too - the fish was extremely fresh. We also ordered a couple of beers and our bill came to $55, which isn't too bad. I'd definitely go back!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have been coming to this restaurant for many years and have always loved it. Sadly things have changed. We arrived at 5 and their. We're several open tables that needed to be cleaned . We whee told to wait outside. 10 minutes later several groups had walked up and been seated right away. We sat down and it took another 10 min. To get menus and water. We ordered and it took another 15minutes to get our 1st dish. We had ordered appetizers but they did not come out first. Food was tasteless . Service was horrible. It's very sad to see one of my favorite places go down hill

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Siting on the deck and people watching while eating good Sushi.
You are close to the cliffs at La Jolla Cove which always have the sea lions and waves crashing on the rocks.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I eat here when I stay in La Jolla on business. It's pretty reliable, and the sushi is good. A tad bit expensive, but what isn't in La Jolla. Nice view of the sunset from the outdoor patio. Overall a solid pick.