“Good japanese food”
Review of Cafe Japengo

Cafe Japengo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Japengo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,241 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: La Jolla Village
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This restaurant has very nice Japanese food but also great salads and some American-Japanese food (hamburgers). The service was sometimes a bit slow.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

service was terrible from every one, slow bad atttitude and food was not as good as it used to be, we will never go back

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Happy hour is very popular and the bar is jammed. I had a reservation for 2 at 7 and was seated right away. Atmosphere is hip, well designed and has an open kitchen/sushi bar so if you are alone you can sit at the kitchen bar and be fully entertained. I had the organic salmon and it was beautiful, tasty and FRESH. They have a delegate gluten free menu that I ordered it off of. My partner got the duck and said it was mind blowing. I also had the ginger and cucumber fizz cocktail-
Not to be missed! Our server was busy but we felt taken care of. Very exciting and fun place!

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Visited Cafe Japengo for dinner on a whim. What a great decision it turned out to be. Place was pretty cool in terms of atmosphere, not incredible, but cool & comfortable. The service was very good from start to end as well...then the food. Oh my, everything we had at our table was absolutely incredibly delicious. We all sampled each others dishes & nothing let us down. I would GLADLY visit again. Fantastic food!

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I go to Japengo often. It is one of the most reliable sushi and Japanese restaurants in San Diego. Everything is fresh and well prepared. There are creative tasty dishes for those that do not want Sushi and the Sushi is fantastic- fresh, clean and creative. Service is top notch as well. Great modern atmosphere. Go!!