“japengo”
Review of Cafe Japengo

Cafe Japengo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Japengo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 1,236 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cross street: La Jolla Village
Chandler, Arizona
“japengo”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

wow excellent sushi!!! Best I had - and so convenient - right across from the Hyatt! Will DEFINITELY VISIT AGAIN.

Visited July 2012

La Jolla, CA
“More attitude than substance”
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

Really? Empty booths and the obsessive compulsive hostess wants me to wait to be seated. Great sushi but it's pricey. Valet parking (not comped when you eat here) or a maze-like walk from the self-parking (comped) make this tough to swallow. They seem to be on a downward spiral.

Los Angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I seriously have dreams about their protein roll. Get it, it's amazing and ginormous! Also, sashimi is amazing, as always. Miso soup is so yummy here, I don't know why. I really just love this place, I know it's pricey but it's so delicious and service is pretty good. Totes worth it for me.

• Visited May 2012
Carlsbad, California
“Pricey, but excellent place”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife, daughter and I had lunch at Japengo. It was nicely decorated and the service was attentive and professional. My daughter had the udon soup, my wife the seared ahi salad and I had the Kobe beef burger. The udon soup was reported to be excellent as was the seared ahi salad ($22). My Kobe beef burger ($22) was huge; it must have been at least a half pound patty. The meat was done a bit more than I would have preferred, but it was good as were the nori chips. They have a full bar and a full sushi and sashimi menu. All in all it was a very pleasant lunch, but at $85 (with tip) it was a bit on the expensive side.

• Visited April 2012
San Diego, California
“Best sushi in San Diego”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I am a local and I have been to most sushi restaurants in San Diego. I purposely add the standard rainbow and California roll to my orders at all sushi restaurants I go to just for direct comparison between on sushi shop to another. Japengos is by far the best

Try their lemon roll. Has a zing to it. Plus you can customize and. Create your own.

• Visited March 2012