“share a sandwich”

Cheese Shop
Ranked #44 of 1,234 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stopped into today for a late lunch. Right as I was checking out my eyes spotted the cookies. So I ordered just one. Dang was I sad. I should of ordered a dozen! The sandwiches are very large. You could split one and then have room for more cookies.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Huge and delicious sandwiches, what's not to like? Huge selection of sodas and drinks, and we did try and enjoy the famous oatmeal cookies. The fact that the view from the entryway was mostly just candy nearly sent me in another direction, but the great reviews and mentions in my guidebook persuaded us to try it out, and I'm glad we did.

Friendly staff helpfully cut my son's sandwich into smaller pieces for him, provided an extra cup for him to drink out of, etc. It was clearly a hit with the locals, too, and by 12:30 there was a line to order and a wait for one of the tables out front.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This sandwich shop is part of La Jolla Shores history. If you ever visit the Shores - you should try to grab lunch here. The walls are adorned with original photos of the development in the Shores over the decades. The sandwiches are very good (my favorite is the Reuben) but they are not cheap!! Also - you'll not find oatmeal cookies like theirs anywhere. They are a touch sticky so not suitable for those who don't like to pick stuff from their teeth or wear dentures.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

The cookies are awesome!
The sandwiches are possibly the best we have ever had! We were recommended to go here by our kayak guide and probably would have walked straight past if not.
We grabbed a sandwiches and cookies on our way to the beach and on our way back grabbed more cookies!!
We had to wait as they were cooking a fresh batch but the owner was fantastic! he chatted to us and asked us where we were from and gave us a free lemonade while we waited! Fantastic customer services that we will remember!

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

After a day of biking a paddling my wife's turkey and my lamb hit the spot perfectly. The owner Dave is a great guy and will take care of you.