“wonderful dinner in La Jolla”

Stella Italianfare La Jolla
Ranked #49 of 1,234 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at this restaurant. The food was delicious and the service excellent. I had the lobster special and it was so good - the waiter even brought it over to me while I was deciding to show me the entree so I knew what to expect. My son ordered plain pasta with olive oil and out came a beautiful bowl of pasta with roasted garlic and olive oil. It was a hit! The wine was delicious and we also ordered the artichoke spread which apparently is their specialty. There was live music on the porch. We sat inside and it was nice to hear the music but it wasn't too loud. After dinner, we decided to skip dessert but our waiter would hear none of that! Out came 2 half glasses of wine and a cheese gellato made next door at Babboi's. What a wonderful way to end the meal - we felt like we were part of the family by the time we left!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband and I ate at Stella's this evening in preparation for my running of the LaJolla Half Marathon tomorrow. My primary goal was to "carb up". Francesco, our server, was superb. He encouraged us to sample wines, seeing our uncertainty, and gave us excellent descriptions of the different course choices even enduring our never ending questioning of ingredients as well as preparation. He was like a good friend who wanted us comfortable in his home. Absolutely delightful young man! My cannoli with lamb stuffing was perfect! The atmosphere at Stella is very comfortable, the music conducive to quiet, yet lively conversation, and the quality of food reminded us of the many memorable evenings we spent while in Italy.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were treated magnificently. The mushroom truffle spread was good and the pine nut/hazelnut crusted tuna was quite nice, although the bell pepper sauce was a little strong flavored. The lemon cream cake soothed any lingering spiciness. I would go here again.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Was in the mood for Italian and saw Stella's write up on TA, seemed like a good idea. And it was. We had a great meal, super service and the views from the 4th floor were beautiful. Our waitress from Italy recommended the brushetta for starters (and great italian wine). Large portions of freshly made brushetta arrived quickly with a smile! We also had lobster rav and the seafood linguine. The lobster rav was the best I've ever had and I order it out a lot. My husbands dish of home made pasta was excellent, plenty of seafood, sauce was tasty. Fresh bread and dipping oil served as well. We had a great experience and would return. They had live music as well on the 2nd floor that was very good and just made the atmosphere even better. Well done Stella!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Food was good, live music on terrace was nice, and we had a view of the sea. No complaints. Service was excellent. Would go here again.