“Cozy Italian”

Dining options: Reservations
Albuquerque
“Cozy Italian”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I love penne al arrabiata, not a menu item, but the owner Seto Marselian had it made for me. It was excellent. My partner had Rodfather's Meat-a-balls, huge beef meatballs with spaghetti marinara and liked it. So we had to go back and I had an excellent broiled salmon that came with just the right amount of green beans and carrots to compliment the fish while my partner had the rigatoni Salsiccie that featured tasty Italian sausage. We started with prosciutto e melone (prosciutto and cantaloupe) one night and barbabietola (beets with balsamic vinegar and walnuts) the other night, both wonderful. Each meal was preceded by excellent focaccia served with an abundance of pesto. So we spent two pleasant winter evenings, pretty much along with Seto, discussing food, basketball, and the weather, thinking we might be in a small restaurant in Cinque Terre. I suspect (and hope) that he is much busier at other times.

Visited January 2014

Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Wonderful Neighborhood Italian Bistro”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We were advised to go to this wonderful restaurant by a friend and had a wonderful meal and a fantastic glass of wine. The owner, Seto, is friendly and attentive. He is a really great guy! Our evening was delightful and we will go back often. The food I'd really good! even my hard to please husband loved it!

• Visited December 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great food and service”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on a cold rainy night and were welcomed by the owner with very personalized service and excellent food. The salads were fresh and flavorful and the pasta and seafood were also very good. I loved the fresh ciabatta bread and basil and oil dip. Strongly recommend this restaurant.

La Jolla, CA
“I'm So Happy Tony Asked Me To Dine Here”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. I've walked past this place a million times. Our neighbor Tony suggested that we eat there. Turns out the owner "Seto" and his chief cook left the famous La Jolla staple restaurant called Avanti and opened this cute little place around 5 years ago. Food, service and quality were good.
Bonus! Turns out that the night we went (Tuesday) was 1/2 price bottle of wine night, and the wine was very good.
Try it, you'll like it. It's a favorite of the locals.
Please leave a"comment" if you read this, I thank you.

• Visited August 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Sunset menu is excellent value”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very nice place in heart of La Jolla, one block back from the very busy (and impossible to park on) Prospect St. Large Italian menu, with normal pastas, but also seafood items, chicken piccata, etc. A special while we were there was a grilled rib eye steak (which we didn't get). The sunset menu, about 4-6 in the afternoon, is only $15 for a salad and entree (although limited choices). The items we had were very good, chicken done very nicely and not overdone, and sauce on the pasta very good. Half price bottles of wine on Tues & Wed. Very pleased.

Visited July 2013