“A most unique & memorable experience in La Jolla!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tijon

Tijon
Ranked #1 of 26 Shopping in La Jolla
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Catering to men, women and children (eight years of age and older), Tijon offers four Fragrance Creation Experiences. Tijon, with locations in St. Martin and La Jolla, is the ONLY fragrance laboratory in the world where one can participate in the creative and fun activity by putting on a lab coat and choosing from over 350 oils in order to design a custom fragrance. It may sound daunting to some, but the fragrance experts at Tijon make it easy! Everyone leaves with his or her own handcrafted fragrance and a Tijon gift bag filled with surprises. Tijon also has a boutique which carries more than 20 signature scents created by our founder, as well as body products, jewelry and unique gift items. Since opening in November 2012, Tijon La Jolla has consistently earned 5 star reviews from customers around the world.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Scottsdale, Arizona
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“A most unique & memorable experience in La Jolla!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

It doesn't get any better...or MORE romantic then creating a custom fragrance with your partner. Tijon has perfected this unique experience by bringing over 300 exotic oils into a laboratory setting. Spending 3 hours at Tijon will be the MOST fun you will ever have UNTIL you get home and try out your own custom massage oil with your partner.

Worth every penny, in fact they don't charge enough for this educational AND enlightening experience!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank JovanV

San Diego, California, United States
“Great spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Tijon is a MUST see/do while in San Diego! It is such a great spot! In front is a cute little boutique with a variety of perfumes/colognes for purchase along with super cute but affordable jewelry and other trinkets.

But where Tijon really stands out is in their lab in the back! This is where you get to create your own - one of a kind - scent! And the staff is fantastic so you never feel lost in the process! It's such a fun experience! Everyone in the class gets a lab coat to wear and you get to make 3 different scents in little breakers! Then they have you try your scents on your skin and you get to bottle your favorite! You even get to label it yourself!

I came with a large group and everyone had an amazing time! While it was mostly females, even the guys had a great time and were happy with the scent they created! The owner and staff are all fantastic - I think it's impossible to leave unhappy!

I highly recommend Tijon to anyone looking for a fun, unique activity!!!

Visited June 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Perfume making”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

My daughter and I were visiting LaJolla for a wedding and visited Tijon while walking thru the town. We signed up for a class and had a blast. It was one of the best, fun days. We really enjoyed being "chemist" and making our own perfume. Both my daughter and I love our new perfume, which is so different from each other. And you get to name your special perfume.

I would highly recommend this experience to anyone!!

Visited May 2013
“Really fun and really informative!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

As a male, I can honestly say that I had a tiny bit of reservation going into it. But after the class got going, it was pretty darn fun. It was my girlfriend and myself, and a few other ladies, which made for a much more intimate experience. The whole experience as well as the value was really great! I definitely recommend it to anybody who are interested in perfumes or even basic chemistry.

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must try!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came across this gem while strolling the streets of La Jolla. The owner was a doll; she was extremely attentive, knowledgable and friendly while still allowing us the freedom to concoct our creations. The amount of options provided were unbelievable. They also sell beautiful, unique jewelry!

Visited April 2013