“Mother Daughter Experience”

Tijon
Ranked #2 of 29 Shopping in La Jolla
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Catering to men, women and children (eight years of age and older), Tijon offers four Fragrance Creation Experiences. Tijon, with locations in St. Martin and La Jolla, is the ONLY fragrance laboratory in the world where one can participate in the creative and fun activity by putting on a lab coat and choosing from over 350 oils in order to design a custom fragrance. It may sound daunting to some, but the fragrance experts at Tijon make it easy! Everyone leaves with his or her own handcrafted fragrance and a Tijon gift bag filled with surprises. Tijon also has a boutique which carries more than 20 signature scents created by our founder, as well as body products, jewelry and unique gift items. Since opening in November 2012, Tijon La Jolla has consistently earned 5 star reviews from customers around the world.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed February 20, 2013

In college, I spent a semester in France. One of the excursions while living abroad was visiting a perfumerie in the South of France. Ever since that visit, it has been a goal to design a fragrance. Tijon offered the Mix and Match class which allowed my mom and I to create a few fragrances and choose our favorite. The staff was professional, friendly and just as excited as we were about our creations. The huge oil selection and educated staff were amazing but the best was being able to experience this with my mama! Thank you Tijon for my most memorable fragrant adventure!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Three of us received this experience as a Christmas present and it was fantastic! Rachelle professionally guided us through the task of creating our own scent and we all walked away with a perfume we were proud to wear! We had a lot of fun experimenting with all the different scents and combinations in the lab setting. This is a great activity to do while in the San Diego area.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I attended one of the custom perfume classes here and had the best time! I am a wedding planner here in San Diego and would recommend this place to any of my brides for their bridal showers, bachelorette parties, etc. and to friends for their birthdays and more! It's a hands on experience where you get to experiment and choose your favorite scents and combine them to make your own custom perfume! WOW, what a treat! I brought my best friend along with me and we really enjoyed every moment of this experience, we were able to be creative, laugh, enjoy, and catch up, all while creating an amazing perfume! XO

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Whether you live in La Jolla or are just visiting, plan a few hours to experience a perfume making class at Tijon.

You'll channel your inner scientist and get properly suited up in a white lab coat. It's a real lab with beakers, pipettes and over 300 scents to choose from. They'll show you exactly what to do so it isn't overwhelming. It's fun. Mix 3 scents, decide which one you like best and they'll give you a hefty bottle full to take home with you. It even has a personalized label on it. The class is very reasonably-priced for what you get and would be ideal for a girls night out.

Tijon keeps a record of your perfume so if you need a refill, they have the recipe. I was also very surprised by how long my perfume stayed on. I didn't need to re-apply as 12 hours later, it was still smelling perfect.

Tijon is also a great boutique for gift-buying. They have everything from perfume to jewelry and champagne glasses. Love it!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Not only did I play aroma chemist but I walked out of there with custom cologne that I made and custom cologne that the store makes. And there's so much more. It was a great Christmas present that my fiance and I gave each other. We laughed, experimented, and sniffed througout the whole time. The father and daughter staff were excellent and wownderful!