“Heaven scent”

Tijon
Ranked #1 of 28 Shopping in La Jolla
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Catering to men, women and children (eight years of age and older), Tijon offers four Fragrance Creation Experiences. Tijon, with locations in St. Martin and La Jolla, is the ONLY fragrance laboratory in the world where one can participate in the creative and fun activity by putting on a lab coat and choosing from over 350 oils in order to design a custom fragrance. It may sound daunting to some, but the fragrance experts at Tijon make it easy! Everyone leaves with his or her own handcrafted fragrance and a Tijon gift bag filled with surprises. Tijon also has a boutique which carries more than 20 signature scents created by our founder, as well as body products, jewelry and unique gift items. Since opening in November 2012, Tijon La Jolla has consistently earned 5 star reviews from customers around the world.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The most fun I ever had, can you imagine making a fragrance that is strictly yours, with all the
ingredients that you love. It doesn't get much better than that. Great girls night out fun.

C Jones

There are newer reviews for Tijon

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have been to Tijon twice sinse it has opened and I love it. What a unique experience. The atmosphere is great, very pleasant. They have wonderful scents they have created with all sorts of soaps and lotions and perfumes you can purchase. The best part of course is taking one of their classes and creating your own fragrance. It is such a great fun, unique experience. It is a great activity for a night out with some friends. Lots of laughs and it is amazing the great perfumes you can actually come up with on your own. I love the place and go every few weeks!!! Rachelle is so nice and fun and her husband Scott is a real cutie. Tijon is a defintie must in La Jolla!!!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I went to Tijon recently with some friends for a perfume-making class. We had so much fun! We walked in and were greeted by super friendly staff. Then, we walked around smelling different perfumes (our favorite wound up in our gift bag, we learned), then we chose an item to take home (I chose the tote bag which I use daily). We then went into the back room where the owners gave us a history of perfume and taught us how we would make our own perfume.

We got to try out three blends of different scents and then were given a full-size bottle of our favorite scent. The best part was when we heard the "pop" of champagne and were given a neat surprise at the end to celebrate making our first perfume.

I think this is a GREAT addition to La Jolla and recommend any group that wants to do something different and fun. It's a great group activity and with so many great restaurants in La Jolla it would make for a great brunch/girls day.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

What a wonderful new place in La Jolla. I was invited to attend a class with some of my girl friends, and I decided to go along and see what the place is all about. I thought it was only going to apply to my girl friends, but I was wrong. Tijon also has mens fragrances, so I had an even better time.

I learned so much about fragrance and the different types of oils that are used during the hour-long class I attended. After the class, I event got to make my own fragrance. As an added bonus, I got to bottle it and take it home with me. I feel like a celebrity, and my fragrance is getting rave reviews from my friends. :)

I highly recommend Tijon to any one who wants to learn about the art of making a fragrance, and any one who wants to have unique experience.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had such a fantastic time, I was visiting San Diego from Austin, TX and stumbled upon Tijon. They were so accommodating and fit me into their schedule for a Mix & Match. I got to make my own fragrance, and got a fantastic gift bag full of goodies! Can't wait to visit and make another bottle!