“Amazing brunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cusp

Cusp
Reserve with OpenTable
Cusp is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 1,238 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Torrey Pines
Description: Dining at Cusp is a treat for your senses. Enjoy coastal Mediterranean fare with an emphasis on fresh seafood like grilled salmon crusted in Moroccan spices or albacore roasted to perfection. Rustic flatbreads from our pizza oven and savory sides compliment our fresh pastas and entrées. Try our ocean-fresh ceviche or raw bar while sipping a cocktail made with our housemade infused spirits and fresh juices. Savor Chef Ingrid's flavorful dishes, chat with friends, and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Pacific from our 11th floor dining room. Not just for special occasions (but perfect for that, too), Cusp is your neighborhood spot. Stylish and relaxed, Cusp is the place to chill out with your friends while enjoying craft cocktails and creative cuisine-the stellar view is on the house. Daily Happy Hour from 4-7.
san diego, california
“Amazing brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My boyfriend treated me to brunch at Cusp this past Saturday. He bought a Travelzoo deal and after reading the reviews I was a little apprehensive. However, we were pleasantly surprised!! First of all, the view is AMAZING! Hands down the best view ever for a brunch. Secondly the staff was very nice. I read reviews about how many of them acted rude due to these travelzoo deals, however we did not experience this whatsoever. I loved the fact that everyone seemed like they were ready to go to the beach right after work. But hey, with a view like that I would be tempted too!

I recommend getting there early. We got to brunch at 10 am and it proceeded to get very busy.

Parking: Many people state that there isn't any free parking offered (only valet). However we parked 100 feet away in the residential neighborhood.
Staff: Very attentive. I am really sad I forgot the food servers name (male and liked to surf) but he was very nice. He gave us suggestions and constantly refilled our mimosas.

Food: The boyfriend ordered the chorizo flatbread which was very delicious!! So much protein on it! I was really torn between the short rib hash and the pork belly sandwich but settled on the pork belly sandwich. I WAS NO DISAPPOINTED! One of my top 5 sandwiches of all time. The creamy honey sriracha sauce really hit on point with the pork belly. I drool every time I think of this sandwich now.

Tip: Its only a short walk (3 to 4 blocks) from the beach once you cross La Jolla Shores Drive. If you have one too many mimosas you can walk it off and enjoy the boardwalk by the beach.

Don't be steered away from the bad reviews. When it comes to food, you got to experience if yourself and you wont be disappointed. Now I will be begging him to take me back for my birthday next week!

• Visited July 2014
Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hi Roxygrl619,
I'm thilled to hear you had such a great time with us for brunch. Sounds like you figured out the best way to navigate the area and the menu. Hopefully we will see you back again soon...maybe for dinner. I will be sure to sure your kinds words with the staff.

Montreal, Canada
“Ambiance with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Delicious food, amazing view and super staff. Smooth jazz playing in the backyard. It's such a wonderful experience.

11th floor and you feel you're in paradise

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lindak54
Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Hi Linda,
Thank you for joining us for our Jazz Dinner Series. I'm glad that you enjoyed the band last weekend. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor.
Highland, IN.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cusp Rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were totally impressed!
The appetizers, the view (we lucked out to be there at sunset) , the service, not to mention the meal it's self! All wonderful. I had a Gnocchi dish with shrimp that was out of this world!
The manager, Sean, and the server, Elizabeth (Lizzy), were the most friendly and hospitable staff at a hotel restaurant that I've ever met.
Great food , great drinks, and great service. That's why we dine out.
The pool bar on the ground floor has great after dinner drinks as well, along with a casual, comfortable atmosphere. We will be going back.
Thanks to Cusp

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank timurfy
Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hi Timurfy,
Thank you for joining us for dinner. I will be sure to share your kind words along to Lizzy and Sean. We can't wait for you to come back.

San Diego, California
“Great view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Loved the vibe. Service excellent and the food was delicious. We ordered appetizers and came back at the end of the evening for wine and coffee drinks. Highly recommend for a girls night out!

Visited June 2014
Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Hello,
Thank you for joining us in Cusp for your ladies night out. I'm glad that you enjoyed the vibe, service and food. Hopefully we will see you back again soon.
East Hampton, New York
“The appetizers out shine the entrees”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

The view is lovely from this restaurant but when the curtains had to be shut to stop the sun from blinding some of the customers the dining room list all of its allure. You are quote a distance from the ocean so the view is long distance. The shrimp and yellowtail appetizers were amazing- the main entre sea bass and hangar steak not so great . The fish was dry and hangar steak nothing special. The service was pleasant.

• Visited June 2014
Mark S, General Manager at Cusp, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Hi Georgica,
Thank you for joining us for dinner while in La Jolla. It sounds like you had the toasted quiona dish to start with the yellow tail (one of my personal favaroites) this has become one of our signature dishes. I'm bummed that you didn't enjoy the sea bass as we tend to get a lot of raves about this dish. I appreciate the feedback about the fish and the steak I will share your comments with the chef to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.