“Good Italian Food in Bird Rock”

Lupi Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lupi Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 1,236 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have eaten at Lupi's six times now over the last six months. Each time we have had very good service that can only be described as attentive. The wine list is limited but contains very good vines; I prefer the Chianti Classico. There is a good selection of appetiters; the polenta, the cappricio di salmone, and melonazoni were very tasty. There is a selection of pastas divided by hand made and not-hand made; I cannot verify the latter because I prefer the former. There is a selection of meat dishes supplemented by the specials. We tend to go for the specials; tonight we had an excellent mahi mahi. As for the desserts, they are all very good but the poached pear is our favorite.

1  Thank Myles C

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We wanted to like this restaurant. The location, atmosphere and staff were friendly - but it just fell short of our hopes. Our preference is for fresh and full flavored italian food. Unfortunately, we did not find it at Lupi's. Our fresh fish was not so fresh and the pasta was just too rich and just not tasty.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Tasty unique food well presented. Homemade pasta & desserts. Good friendly service. Reasonable prices. A good find!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

It's the perfect place if you want to have a glass of wine or a whole menu of items. I have had them cater birthday parties for me.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I ate there our last night visiting my son. We had a delicious very authentic dinner. Very simple decor and great service.