“Nice Spa Treatments”

Add it.
SK Sanctuary Day Spa
Ranked #5 of 13 Spas & Wellness in La Jolla
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Pleasant, friendly staff and nice massages and mani-pedi. It is in a beautiful old refurb'd building. It is not an over-the-top high end hotel spa but it was a really relaxing and pleasant experience and was fairly priced unlike the hotel spas.

1  Thank mrsp-alisoviejo

Reviewed April 22, 2012

I was in La Jolla on business and decided to take a break and head to a spa. The hotel recommend this place. The wait area is uncomfortable with only one chair not in the sun and the outside sitting area overlooking the parking lot. My Cocktails Anyone body scrub ($135) was very nice. It was relaxing and felt wonderful with the warm shower. The Spa Pedicure ($60) was nice but not very relaxing since it was next to the hair salon and people were talking very loudly. When I left I was happy with the service I had received. Later that evening I noticed that my shower hurt and when I looked at it saw a huge scratch that was very painful. I also noticed scratches on my chest and arm. Someone at my meeting asked me if a cat had attacked me. I assume the loofah they used to polish the skin must have had something sharp in it that scratched me. I also noticed three days later that the pedicure had chipped off on the large toe. So, after a few days I was not as happy with my experience. I cannot recommend this spa.

1  Thank ManhattanTraveler28
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I love a good massage and it's very rare to find one that is perfect in every way, but I found it here. My husband and I arrived a little early, so they asked if they could order us anything from one of the local restaurants- we were hungry and after a drive, didn't want to go anywhere else, so this sounded amazing. We ordered our food and went upstairs to a little sitting area (there's indoor at a bar and outdoor). While we waited, they poured us some wine (although I think the white was Charles Shaw, so I'd definitely take the red lol) and we enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere. The food arrived within 15 minutes and it was delicious, so we were off to a great start. It is a very small spa area upstairs with one bathroom, one shower, and one small steam room (no jacuzzi) but I think they keep you spaced so you don't overlap with someone else. Anyways, fast forward to the massage; my husband and I had an hour couple's massage with hot stones. My masseuse was INCREDIBLE! His name is Vin and he's bald. lol You MUST ask for him. He listens to what you want and will take the time to work out the knots. He was fantastic so I highly recommend him. As for my husband, he had a petite woman whose name I can't remember but she had an accent and dark hair, and my husband said she was awful. I heard him keep asking for more pressure and she said she wasn't able to do so with the stones but she wouldn't stop using the stones, so he was really disappointed, which is unusual for my husband... and it made me a little annoyed. All I can say is ask for Vin- you 'll thank me later. :-)

1  Thank ReadySetGo_1302
Reviewed October 24, 2011

What a treat to visit SK Sanctuary Spa during a girl's trip to La Jolla. The spa is beautiful as well as immaculate. Spa staff provided excellent customer service. I'm sure we'll return for manis, pedis and other spa services. A+!

2  Thank BoxTurtleLady
Reviewed August 6, 2010

My boyfriend and I were in La Jolla for a wedding recently. Since we do not get away very often alone, we decided to have a couple massage. I had read mixed reviews about this establishment, but they offered a very competitive rate for this service so we decided to try it. We were very pleased! Beautiful building, very clean, pleasant staff and amenities (bar and locker rooms with steam showers, regular showers, and toiletries). My masseuse was Valentin, and he was wonderful! We were very relaxed by the end of our visit and would completely recommend this 'sanctuary' if you are looking to relax in La Jolla.