“Best massage I've ever had...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
SK Sanctuary Day Spa
Ranked #4 of 11 Spas & Wellness in La Jolla
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I love a good massage and it's very rare to find one that is perfect in every way, but I found it here. My husband and I arrived a little early, so they asked if they could order us anything from one of the local restaurants- we were hungry and after a drive, didn't want to go anywhere else, so this sounded amazing. We ordered our food and went upstairs to a little sitting area (there's indoor at a bar and outdoor). While we waited, they poured us some wine (although I think the white was Charles Shaw, so I'd definitely take the red lol) and we enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere. The food arrived within 15 minutes and it was delicious, so we were off to a great start. It is a very small spa area upstairs with one bathroom, one shower, and one small steam room (no jacuzzi) but I think they keep you spaced so you don't overlap with someone else. Anyways, fast forward to the massage; my husband and I had an hour couple's massage with hot stones. My masseuse was INCREDIBLE! His name is Vin and he's bald. lol You MUST ask for him. He listens to what you want and will take the time to work out the knots. He was fantastic so I highly recommend him. As for my husband, he had a petite woman whose name I can't remember but she had an accent and dark hair, and my husband said she was awful. I heard him keep asking for more pressure and she said she wasn't able to do so with the stones but she wouldn't stop using the stones, so he was really disappointed, which is unusual for my husband... and it made me a little annoyed. All I can say is ask for Vin- you 'll thank me later. :-)

1  Thank ReadySetGo_1302
There are newer reviews for SK Sanctuary Day Spa

Reviewed October 24, 2011

What a treat to visit SK Sanctuary Spa during a girl's trip to La Jolla. The spa is beautiful as well as immaculate. Spa staff provided excellent customer service. I'm sure we'll return for manis, pedis and other spa services. A+!

2  Thank BoxTurtleLady
Reviewed August 6, 2010

My boyfriend and I were in La Jolla for a wedding recently. Since we do not get away very often alone, we decided to have a couple massage. I had read mixed reviews about this establishment, but they offered a very competitive rate for this service so we decided to try it. We were very pleased! Beautiful building, very clean, pleasant staff and amenities (bar and locker rooms with steam showers, regular showers, and toiletries). My masseuse was Valentin, and he was wonderful! We were very relaxed by the end of our visit and would completely recommend this 'sanctuary' if you are looking to relax in La Jolla.

Reviewed September 14, 2007

This is the first spa I went to upon moving to La Jolla. I received a gift from the owner and I promise that it is a hidden oasis and I continued to go back. I am actually going back this week before moving!! They have EXCELLENT service and a GORGEOUS layout. High end skin care products, great staff.....ask for RENE as your massage therapist!

S & K is the best! The cosmetic surgery part across the street, also owned by them is top notch!
This is a FULL SERVICE spa! And it is a great getaway!

N.S.

Reviewed July 24, 2006

What a find! If you are looking for an upscale manicure and pedicure experience without an obscene price, this is the place.

I took my daughter and we were able to sit side by side the entire time.

They use bowls for soaking your feet, rather than those massage chair machines that can be breeding grounds for infections.