“Lovely decorations..”
Review of Herringbone

Herringbone
Reserve with OpenTable
Herringbone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,237 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wall Street
Description: Located in the coastal community of La Jolla, Herringbone offers "Fish Meats Field" cuisine by Top Chef Season 3's Brian Malarkey.
Parker, CO
“Lovely decorations..”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This place was recommended to us by our waiter at George's as a good place for Happy Hour....so off we went! The outside was misleading and we also walked right by....but it is charming. Loved the decor....trees, lobster crates full of blowfish (yes, real, but they ASSURED me that they were picked up dead already)....variety of seating, from rocking chairs by the fire, to tall-tops or couches....

Happy Hour basically boasted $6 liquor..you choose the add-ins. My friend and I both felt that they were 'light' on booze...but tasty. We choose a few appetizers....YUMMY! Oysters on the half-shell were $1/a pc...good price.

Loved the atmosphere. Service was good. Drinks just not very 'potent' (and I am a lightweight!).

• Arabic first
Winnipeg, Canada
“Seriously amazing atmosphere, excellent food and service.”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Probably the most interesting and beautiful dining atmosphere I've ever enjoyed. Not to take away from the great menu/food and excellent service. The donut dessert should not be missed.

So-So Cal
“Excellent and surprisingly affordable”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Herringbone occpuies an abandon garage that sat decrepit in the middle of a block in La Jolla for years. What the owners did with this space is truly magical. While leaving the outside of the building virtually untouched, they transformed the inside into an intimate space with live trees and dreamy lighting. A salad generous enough for two, two excellent entrees and a bottle of wine were about a hundred twenty bucks. Not bad. The waiter was a little too familiar for my taste -- note to waiter: I don't want to be your friend, I just want you to be my waiter.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A noisey fun filled gem, excellent evening”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The noise blasted us as we entered at the end of Happy Hour. Taking friends newly arrived from the UK for a real American experience, we were delighted at such good food and cheerful ambience. The young hostess and despite the generally younger than we are patrons, we really enjoyed the decor and atmosphere Our Cuban waiter was so helpful and understanding. The fried oysters were delectable my husband had the fresh ones and wished he had more. The oxtail appetizer was good but too much, less fries with it would have been better ,my sword fish slipped down easily. Two desserts both excellent were shared. The bill along with 7 drinks came to about $300.00 but since I did not pay I could not be certain. What I am certain about was dinner, atmosphere and service made our evening excellent. We will return!

New York, NY
“Awesome lobster roll and fresh oysters”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Visit for fresh seafood and a beautiful space where the outdoors is brought inside. Our waitress was ok, but not overly warm like we experienced throughout SD. That didn't take away from how fresh the seafood tastes!

Visited January 2014