“Way too expensive, low quality”
Review of Herringbone

Herringbone
Reserve with OpenTable
Herringbone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,234 Restaurants in La Jolla
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wall Street
Description: Located in the coastal community of La Jolla, Herringbone offers "Fish Meats Field" cuisine by Top Chef Season 3's Brian Malarkey.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The only good thing is the design of the place, anything else is bad. Slow, terrible service and the food wasn't quite what you would expect for $75 dinner. Definitely not going back.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was my second try at this restaurant after getting rained "in" on the first time around. The decorative tents that cover the ceiling leaked last time I was there. And also I wasn't very impressed with the food so I was looking forward to second time around. We were seated right away but the service took so long to come around and we had to wave and hunt her to get anything ordered.. Another failure for Malarkey as far as I am concerned but thats just my opinion...

2  Thank Kukisan
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was anxious to try Herringbone after having been to other restaurants that are part of this chain. Upon arrival I was so impressed, it was visually appealing. But, oh so quiet.. At 6pm on a weekday I would have thought there would be quite the happy hour crowd, no. We were seated in the dining room immediately and we were a group of 5. There were two more tables of people. Again, oh so quiet. It was visually gorgeous. I felt transported to another land! The menus came, I thought they were a bit oddly limited and decided on two appetizers versus an entree. My husband did the same. The other three in our party ordered entrees. The group opinion at the end of our meal was "ehhh". It wasn't horrible, it just wasn't anything great. For the prices, we really did expect A LOT more. It was a bit disappointing and I know we won't be returning.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Loved the decor as it very deceiving when viewing from the outside. Service was a little slow as they were not busy at lunchtime when I was there over Labor Day holiday. Food was well presented but we didn't order anything too intricate. Would probably give this another try.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The outside is very deceiving, it looks like an old ware house. It's been transformed inside to be surreal with old olive trees growing between the tables. A beluga skeleton hanging over the bar and beautiful Edison lights draped everywhere. Our service was great and the food was very good, but beware the amount of food. Our entries can be consider small. My filet was perfect, but my friends sea bass was tiny. The French fries are a must. They were perfect. Would defiantly like to visit again.